I'm addressing this message to Official Nokia Support Team.
I was researching some things using my Nokia 3310. My Nokia firmware versions are at the bottom of the list. I'm sending all the data connecting directly to providers mail server using sockets an sending raw data (I have a good working method). I have some questions for You.
1) I can directly get "tune" sending
But my Nokia 3310 which I recently bought doesn't play it. I push play and it just shows playing screen for 0.3sec, phone does vibrate and that's all. No sound. I've tried to send it to 6210 in both described ways (multi and single part) and it works.
2) I can send picture message or logo to 6210 (in multipart) directly and it shows it. I can successfully forward picture message to my Nokia 3310. But I can't DIRECTLY send it to Nokia 3310.
3) I'm experiencing troubles with sending 72x28 picture messages using multipart messages splitted into more than 3 parts. Nokia 6210 says "Message is too long to display" (or something similar). Nokia 3310 receives it but nothing happens (I put my phone near speakers and heard incoming transmission).
4) Can you please supply approximate date when You'll open SMS 4.0 or at least new 3.x specifications mentioning and describing port 158A, animated graphic message support for new Nokia models.
5) Which is the latest available firmware for Nokia 3310, 6210. Are You going to publish "Changes" in your new firmware versions in near future?
Here are phone specifications:
I'm very unsatisfied with this firmware since it's very buggy, I discovered at least 3 bugs (not counting SMS related ones).
I like Nokia. I believe that sometime You'll achieve what you advertise (movies on the screen ). Thanks, I count on You.
Posted by Anatoly Ropotov, firstname.lastname@example.org
on February 14, 2002 at 13:32