Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Waiver requests + planning

A week ago, I made a couple of Certified Signed waiver requests for a product with one of our customers. (These were actually waivers which were previously accepted in the Symbian.org process, but apparently ever waiver has to be re-applied for).

Since then, we've heard nothing from symbian.signed@nokia.com. Whilst a week might not seem like a long time, it certainly is when you are telling your customer every day that you have no idea when you will even know if the waivers will be accepted, let alone IF they will be accepted.

No doubt the folks at Nokia are very busy, but would it be possible to get some feedback on the lifecycle of the process, and where we are in it?

Regular Contributor

Re: Waiver requests + planning

Is that tumbleweed rolling through this thread?
    No reply to email, no reply to discussion board postings..... Anyone suggest another means of communication?
    Symsource Ltd.
    [url]www.symsource.com[/url]

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

I'll see if I can get somone to reply here.

Ron

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi guys,

My sincere apologies for being so non-responsive. We don't even have a handful of people handling these signing requests and now, with the Foundation functions transferred onto our table, things are even worse than they used to be with just our own services.

On top of that our own IT messed things up and we have not been able to access the symbian.signed@nokia.com mailbox for a whole week. Since this Monday our access issue was fixed and we are trying to clear up the back log. Unfortunately, all current signs still show that the site responsiveness isn't going to improve in the near future, sorry.

To the waivers issue: if the waiver has been approved previously it will definitely get a more speedy handling (assuming there are no physical delays like there now have been), the reason being that the waiver has been accepted, so the issue behind the waiver should be pretty clear and easy to accept again.

Why do we re-evaluate all waivers? Because we don't have visibility to what the Foundation has been doing in the past. This is also true with Express Signed waivers. If your app gets audited with an old waiver document attached the test house needs to verify the waivers with us and that will naturally cause a delay.

We have plans to fix this cumbersome and tedious process with the waivers, but it is still in the works and I dare not say anything to what / when it will be available.

Now I'll go and try to locate your post and give you a reply via the mailbox.

Regular Contributor

Thanks very much for the reply - its appreciated. Sounds like you have your hands full!
    Symsource Ltd.
    [url]www.symsource.com[/url]