Discussion Board

Packing Qt client server application for OVI store

Hello,
    we have client server application
    when we test on device
    we install client.sis and server.sis on testing mobile (symbian^3)
    now we want to move to OVI store
    do we have to follow these steps on this URL http://blogs.forum.nokia.com/blog/ov.../qt-content-qa
    for both client and server
    Or
    we will have to put un-signed server.sis into client_installer.pkg
    like this
    "X:/proj/myapp/ server.sis" - "!:\private\2002CCCE\import\myapp.sis"

Kindly Advice
    Regards
    Wael

Re: Packing Qt client server application for OVI store

Here's a list of TODO's from somewhere:

1. Publisher has agreed to the Terms and Conditions for Nokia signing of Symbian Applications.
    2. The content cannot make use of the following capabilities: AllFiles, DRM, TCB, CommDD, DiskAdmin, NetworkControl, MultimediaDD. Content that uses any of these capabilities needs to go through Symbian Signed.
    3. All UIDs in the application must have been assigned by Nokia. Nokia cannot sign applications that use UIDs assigned from Symbian Signed.
    4. All embedded sis files must already be Symbian Signed. Nokia does not sign embedded .sis files except for Qt applications embedded in the Qt application + Qt Smart Installer wrapper .sis file.
    5. The UIDs of the main executable and the application .sis file (mySymbianApp.sis/myQtApp.sis) must be the same and must match the one specified in the AppUID field of Ovi Publish. This will ensure the application will launch within the Ovi Store client once the application is installed on device.
    6. The localized and non-localized vendor information in the package file must match the publisher’s name (ie not be “Nokia” or simply “Vendor”/”Vendor-EN”). Link for details about specifying

So as it's a Qt app, I think the 4th item makes embedding possible....

From here http://doc.qt.nokia.com/smart-installer/index.html you can read more about creating smart installer packages.

Maybe somebody more pro can help?

Re: Packing Qt client server application for OVI store

Thank you for reply.
    but my question was about how to pack 2 applications (client/server) in on smart installer (steps is appreciated)
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrix74 View Post
    Here's a list of TODO's from somewhere:

1. Publisher has agreed to the Terms and Conditions for Nokia signing of Symbian Applications.
    2. The content cannot make use of the following capabilities: AllFiles, DRM, TCB, CommDD, DiskAdmin, NetworkControl, MultimediaDD. Content that uses any of these capabilities needs to go through Symbian Signed.
    3. All UIDs in the application must have been assigned by Nokia. Nokia cannot sign applications that use UIDs assigned from Symbian Signed.
    4. All embedded sis files must already be Symbian Signed. Nokia does not sign embedded .sis files except for Qt applications embedded in the Qt application + Qt Smart Installer wrapper .sis file.
    5. The UIDs of the main executable and the application .sis file (mySymbianApp.sis/myQtApp.sis) must be the same and must match the one specified in the AppUID field of Ovi Publish. This will ensure the application will launch within the Ovi Store client once the application is installed on device.
    6. The localized and non-localized vendor information in the package file must match the publisher’s name (ie not be “Nokia” or simply “Vendor”/”Vendor-EN”). Link for details about specifying

So as it's a Qt app, I think the 4th item makes embedding possible....

From here http://doc.qt.nokia.com/smart-installer/index.html you can read more about creating smart installer packages.

Maybe somebody more pro can help?