Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Exclamation std. qt 1.0.2 app fails to install on new E7

Hi all
    just got from the shop new E7 and trying to install simple Qt selfsigned app built with usual NokiaQtSdk 1.0.2 (..tested on N8, C7, works fine). On E7 installation fails, telling that missing QtMobility 1.0.2, when installing qtmobility.sis or qt_installer.sis or qtmobility_1.0.2_for_n8.sis directly from sdk folder, it all fails to install with "Update error" (qtmobility) "error -10256" (qt_installer.sis)
    What I'm doing wrong?

Super Contributor

Re: std. qt 1.0.2 app fails to install on new E7

Quote Originally Posted by developer 123 View Post
    Hi all
    just got from the shop new E7 and trying to install simple Qt selfsigned app built with usual NokiaQtSdk 1.0.2 (..tested on N8, C7, works fine). On E7 installation fails, telling that missing QtMobility 1.0.2, when installing qtmobility.sis or qt_installer.sis or qtmobility_1.0.2_for_n8.sis directly from sdk folder, it all fails to install with "Update error" (qtmobility) "error -10256" (qt_installer.sis)
    What I'm doing wrong?
    for me your approch is correct only thing might be that qtmobility_1.0.2_for_n8.sis not meant to be used on E7. It is always suggested to use Smart installer then manually installing it , Smart installer will download and install correct version for your device.

Regular Contributor

hmm.. very strange. Any one else experience the same problem with E7?
    Actually I got it work: After I installed first (any) Qt based application from Ovi Store, then I can install my selfsigned apps made in QtCreator and built in Device-Release mode.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Qt is already available on device, no need to try to install it again, certainly not the qt_installer.sis version which would fail at attempting to update OpenC.

Qt Mobility 1.0.2 [for N8] should install just fine. In fact, installing an app from the Ovi Store ensured to install that very Qt Mobility package, by using the Smart Installer.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite