Discussion Board

Angry I did not get paid for the second month?

HI all,

I did not get paid for the second month.
    in February Nokia answered me that my account number is wrong, so I visited my bank and they corrected the number for me and then i corrected it in my bank information.
    but in 30 March Nokia sent me an email that I should confirm that the current account number is right so I confirmed that .
    they replayed to me that they will send this information to the finance team. but i did not receive my money till now.

did any body here received money form OVI? did OVI sent the invoice mail to you?

Thank you

Re: I did not get paid for the second month?

I have finally received a payment from Ovi! Just last week.
    The amount was far less than expected, however if you do some reading around here you will find that its typical to get less then whats shown in the estimate due to how Nokia handles their operator billing...
    Apparently it may take up to 6 months to actually receive the moneys that are shown in the estimate.
    All other stores that we deal with have 100% accurate reporting and you get what is reported monthly (provided you reach the minimum amount), the other stores also have operator billing in multiple countries, so not sure why Nokia cant look after their developers more appropriately...
    Its a very bad setup in my opinion but it is what it is...
    Cheers,
    Jon

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi

Yes, if the bank information is either missing or not correct, the payment cannot be remitted to you. Also, there is a minimum amount of 100 Euros that you need to reach for a payment to be sent.

Thank you

@Jon Heron
    where exactly there are other BIG app stores that use operator billing beside Ovi? the only others that i know that are big is blackberry app world and SE playnow both android market and ios app store dont have operator billing at the moment, and i know for a fact that SE have the same issue with billing cycle for operators (dont know how bb handles it).
    the rest small time app stores are not very good in terms of traffic and etc

Nokia Developer Champion

Android Market: Google has started adding operator billing support to Android Market. I'm not sure if it is there yet, and on which markets (which operators and in which countries), but I do recall reading about it.

android market has almost none operator billing support (if im not mistaken working on t-mobile usa only and partially on at&t) so its not worth mentioning as a means of pay (yes in the future they are going to add support for it but that will take alot of time)

where exactly there are other BIG app stores that use operator billing beside Ovi?
    Well I am not sure what you consider BIG?
    I really have not looked into the operator billing details on any of the other stores we use, I assumed, perhaps erroneously, that all the other stores had some type of operator billing as well...
    What I do know, is that the figures we see on the stats page's of the other stores is 100% accurate, as are the monthly payouts, there are no estimates or delays in payment. This would include Apple, Blackberry, Mobihand, Handango/Appia, Android and YouPark.
    Cheers,
    Jon

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Heron View Post
    I really have not looked into the operator billing details on any of the other stores we use, I assumed, perhaps erroneously, that all the other stores had some type of operator billing as well...
    That was/is an incorrect assumption.

Yes, right you are petrib, as is usually the case when I assume, I made an ass out of myself...
    However, BlackBerry does have operator billing through Bango, they pay the first of every month for the previous months billing, with 100% accuracy, according to my partner whom looks after the BB side of things... I didnt have the time to look into the other stores I mentioned but I will take your word on it.
    It really is irrelevant anyways, I was merely pointing out Ovi's excuse[s] for the horrible pay and estimate schemes they utilize...
    Cheers,
    Jon