Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

How to do limited time discounts?

Is there a controlled way to do limited time discounts?

The documentation suggest price changes don't propagate immediately, so you can't control it with enough precision.

If not changing price immediately or with minimal delay, maybe setting a different price for a time period defined in advance?

Super Contributor

Re: How to do limited time discounts?

As far as I'm aware, Ovi Store has no such features at the moment. I also do not know if it ever will, and if it will, when that might be (Nokia has not published any Ovi Store/Publish roadmaps as far as when they plan to introduce what features, if any.)

E.g., Ovi Store representatives made promises about DRM support coming "soon", or at least more information, in September of 2009. Hasn't happened yet (April, 2011). In September 2010 Nokia announced that in-app purchasing support would be coming soon. Then there was +6 months of total silence on the topic from Nokia's side.

Quote Originally Posted by petrib View Post
    As far as I'm aware, Ovi Store has no such features at the moment. I also do not know if it ever will, and if it will, when that might be (Nokia has not published any Ovi Store/Publish roadmaps as far as when they plan to introduce what features, if any.)

E.g., Ovi Store representatives made promises about DRM support coming "soon", or at least more information, in September of 2009. Hasn't happened yet (April, 2011). In September 2010 Nokia announced that in-app purchasing support would be coming soon. Then there was +6 months of total silence on the topic from Nokia's side.
    The above promises were made when Nokia was fully committed to Symbian and Qt and had no external dependencies.

Now with new partnerships and new roadmap, one will have to wait and see what all would be delivered and how soon.

Regular Contributor

Have you tried changing prices manually? What delays did you get until it took effect?