Discussion Board

How to set fixed font size for LIST elements independent of devices in J2ME

Hi All,

Im working on J2ME application development using High level (LCDUI ) API. I am using the following code to set font for the LIST elements

Font contactsFont = Font.getFont(Font.FACE_PROPORTIONAL, Font.STYLE_BOLD, Font.SIZE_SMALL);

for (int j = 0; j < list.size();j++)
    this.setFont(j, contactsFont);

But the problem is that the Font Size is different in different devices.Some devices elements are occupying more space even though set to small,While on some devices the font size is good.I tried using all styles combinations like MONOSPACE,SYSTEM and SMALL ,MEDIUM andBOLD, PLAIN but nothing worked.

The problem is not coming if I use ChoiceGroup instead of List. But I cannot use choise group for this requirement.

Please advise on how to set fixed font independent of devices. Any help much appreciated.

Regards
    Syed

Super Contributor

Re: How to set fixed font size for LIST elements independent of devices in J2ME

The size of font you get depends entirely on the device. You cannot control the precise size, since different devices have different sizes of font. Some devices have only one size of font. You ask for a certain specification of font, and the device will make some attempt to meet your requirement, but might not achieve exactly what you want.

If you need more control, consider a UI library like LWUIT.

Graham.