Discussion Board

Deploy App - Problem

Hello guys!
    I'm having a problem when I try to deploy an app to the C3-00?

Error:
    Code:
    Searching for the service for the selected device "C3-00"......
    Cannot find service to the device "C3-00"
    Cannot deploy to the device "C3-00"
    What is this bug?

Regards!

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Deploy App - Problem

Hey,

* Make sure you follow the "Running your web app on a device" section in http://tools.nokia.com/wt/doc/s40/Se..._Guide_Doc.pdf

* Ensure you have installed AND launched Bluetooth Launcher on your device.

* Restart Web Tools and try deployment again if needed

* If you still fail to deploy; Tweak deployment settings as instructed in chapter 2.6.2 "Deploy by use of a short URL" in http://tools.nokia.com/wt/doc/s40/Se..._Guide_Doc.pdf

Side Note: Please upgrade your C3 to the latest SW version with Ovi Suite - Just to make sure you have all the latest bells and whistles.

Let me know if this helps.
    'petro
    @petrosoininen

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by awdrenfontao View Post
    Hello guys!
    I'm having a problem when I try to deploy an app to the C3-00?

Error:
    Code:
    Searching for the service for the selected device "C3-00"......
    Cannot find service to the device "C3-00"
    Cannot deploy to the device "C3-00"
    What is this bug?

Regards!
    When you have tested your Web application on the simulator and you want to load and run it on a Series 40 phone, follow this procedure:
    1. Using a Series 40 device and a computer with the Nokia Web Development Environment (WDE) installed, verify that the Bluetooth® connections on both devices are enabled and allowing discovery. Test the settings by pairing the devices together. (To do this from the device, go to Settings, Connectivity, Bluetooth, Paired Devices, and Add a New Device.)
    2. Find and note your Series 40 device’s name by going to Settings, Connectivity, Bluetooth, and My phone’s name.
    3. Make sure that the Ovi browser is installed on the device. Then verify that you can access the Internet through this browser.
    4. Using a USB cable, install the Bluetooth launcher client on your device by side-loading the JAD and JAR files. Look for files named BluetoothLauncher.jad and BluetoothLauncher.jar. On a PC running Windows 7, these files should be in this location: c:\users\<username>\WebSDKWorkspace\<projectname>\bluetooth_launcher On the phone, you can place the files in Received Files, Games, or Collections.
    5. Open the Games folder and click on the Bluetooth launcher. You should see a message that reads “Bluetooth Connection Successful.”
    6. Close the Bluetooth launcher and return to the phone’s home screen. Note: You can only see the Bluetooth connection request (initiated in the WDE) from the home screen of the Series 40 device.
    7. In the WDE, right-click on the project name and select Deployment Settings. Then:
    a. Click Web Runtime in the resulting dialog box.
    b. Click Deployment, then Device.
    c. Click Search and wait for the drop-down box to populate.
    d. Select your device name, press Apply and then click on OK.
    8. Now you are ready to send your Web app URL to the Bluetooth launcher client on the Series 40 device. In the WDE, right-click the project name and then click Deploy Web app. Your application should open in the device.

Note : when you have installed the OVI browser in the device make sure that you are able to browse the internet through the ovi browser before you proceed and if you get any error (006) make sure that you have set the default internet connection to Internet not the wap

Hi!
    Thanks!
    I'm going to test these procedures.
    Last edited by awdrenfontao; 2011-04-08 at 13:38. Reason: Replacing text for test

Nokia Developer Champion

Can I use this procedure for Symbian^3 device?
    Regards,

Girish Padia

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by girishpadia View Post
    Can I use this procedure for Symbian^3 device?
    Hi,

Not really. Series 40 web apps are only for Series 40 devices as the name states.

However you can deploy Symbian WRT widgets (.wgz) to Symbian devices by using Bluetooth. This is done by searching your Symbian target device on WDE from Deployment settings and selecting it. After this you can deploy by clicking Deploy from WRT project's right click menu.

Br,
    Ilkka