Discussion Board

Nokia Developer Champion

Publisher id Expired

The publisher id purchased by our firm got expired. I need to know that, is renewing publisher id same as purchasing a new one or its something lesser then it.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Publisher id Expired

usually the renewing is different, since they do not need to do so much checkings, anyway, my friends at least have gotten email from the publicer ID issuer couple of months before the expiry, thus check if you have gotten one, and then follow the instructions.

Nokia Developer Champion

Just continuing with my older thread, as yucca mentioned about the email notification from TC trustcentre before the expiration of publisher id, the mail unfortunately has been deleted.So now the only option i am left with is of purchasing a new publisher id, so now i need to know that if i go for obtaining a new publisher id from trustcentre then , can i enter the same details of the company which were entered while applying for the publisher id earlier? or it will display an error that the details already are there.

Secondly if i get the publisher id for the same details, & then if i verify my account(as per the new symbian signing rules for cert/express signing) using that publisher id after logging to symbainSigned account then would it show any error about the binding of one publisher id per symbianSigned account?

TrustCenter is a separate firm, it is probably faster to ask them directly https://www.trustcenter.de/en/infoce..._inquiries.htm
    When you have the new certificate the story may continue a little http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...-Publisher-Id.

Quote Originally Posted by vineet.jain View Post
    Secondly if i get the publisher id for the same details, & then if i verify my account(as per the new symbian signing rules for cert/express signing) using that publisher id after logging to symbainSigned account then would it show any error about the binding of one publisher id per symbianSigned account?
    I haven't run tthroug this directly but here's the theory:
    - when you verify your account, the newly gained "verified" status is set to expire at the same date as the Publisher ID itself
    - the moment the Publisher ID expires your account becomes "unverified"
    - a new Publisher ID can now be used to verify the account, and for all intents and purposes this will be the one and only Publisher ID assigned to your account.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Nokia Developer Champion

ok thanks for the support. I got a mail from Trust Centre & they have mentioned that Publisher id cannot be renewed as it's not allowed yet by symabian/nokia, so need to purchase it again.

Also there's no need for re - submission of any documents again, there's only a need to leave a note mentioning 'this is for renew' while purchasing the new one.

That's good to know. I can't really imagine what renewal would mean (other than a price discount) so getting the new one and then re-verifying the account on Symbian Signed sounds like a good enough solution.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Nokia Developer Champion

well other then price discount(which of course is not applicable) , there's no need to submit all those documents again, this is just they meant about renewal. Plus the mail which TC people send informing about the expiration of the publisher id has clearly mentioned in it that the 'certificate cannot be renewed', so its a bit irony saying about renewal..

The story of this requirement (re-check customers on a yearly basis) and what actually happens (customers are not re-checked on a yearly basis, but the full price is applied, to "fulfill" the requirement) has some Easter European "feeling". Droopyar will definitely love it.