Is there a QtQuick equivalent to the C++ QWebFrame::toPlainText() method?

I am able to connect and display a URL page that is plain text using a QML WebView element but I have not found a way to get that content into a string variable. There is no available method or function of the WebView element that will return the text of the content as plain text.

I considered using document.getElementById in a Javascript function but a text document does not have HTML elements necessarily.

I need to get whatever the text is – whether it is HTML, Javascript, or plain text. Can anyone help?

OK since I posted this I have tried several things – none of which even come close. However I did find a post on the forum which I think may be the solution (http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...thods_from_QML).

I have constructed a C++ header in this manner:
Code:
#ifndef WWVSOURCE_H
#define WWVSOURCE_H

#include <QtCore/QUrl>
#include <QtCore/QObject>
#include <QtCore/QString>
#include <QtCore/QStringList>
#include <QtGui/QWidget>
#include <QtWebKit/QWebView>
#include <QtWebKit/QWebFrame>

class URLSource : public QObject
{
  Q_OBJECT

public:
  URLSource(QObject *parent = 0) : QObject(parent) { }

Q_INVOKABLE void getURL(const QString &intext)
  {
    QWebView *webWWV = new QWebView;
    webWWV->setUrl(QUrl(intext));
    QWebFrame *mainFrame = webWWV->page()->mainFrame();
    instr = mainFrame->toPlainText();
  }

Q_INVOKABLE int getValue()
  {
    . . . ;
    return s; 
  }
And additions to my QML project like this:

Code:
function updateUI() {
  URLSource.getURL(QString("http://www.mysite/afile.txt"));
  myobject.invalue = URLSource.getValue();
}

Component.onCompleted: {
    // collect text and parse values to plug into meters
    updateUI();
  }
The only problem is that there is undefined reference errors in the compile that I am unable to resolve. The output is :

debug/moc_wwvsource.o:moc_wwvsource.cpp:(.text$_ZN9WWVSource6getURLERK7QString[WWVSource::getURL(QString const&)]+0×25): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN8QWebViewC1EP7QWidget’
debug/moc_wwvsource.o:moc_wwvsource.cpp:(.text$_ZN9WWVSource6getURLERK7QString[WWVSource::getURL(QString const&)]+0×50): undefined reference to `_imp___ZN8QWebView6setUrlERK4QUrl’
debug/moc_wwvsource.o:moc_wwvsource.cpp:(.text$_ZN9WWVSource6getURLERK7QString[WWVSource::getURL(QString const&)]+0×84): undefined reference to `_imp___ZNK8QWebView4pageEv’
debug/moc_wwvsource.o:moc_wwvsource.cpp:(.text$_ZN9WWVSource6getURLERK7QString[WWVSource::getURL(QString const&)]+0×8e): undefined reference to `_imp___ZNK8QWebPage9mainFrameEv’
debug/moc_wwvsource.o:moc_wwvsource.cpp:(.text$_ZN9WWVSource6getURLERK7QString[WWVSource::getURL(QString const&)]+0xa5): undefined reference to `_imp___ZNK9QWebFrame11toPlainTextEv’
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I have all the includes for QString, QWebView, QWebFrame, QStringList and QUrl in the header. I have cleaned the project and run the QMake several times with no change.

Anyone have a clue?