Discussion Board

Loudspeaker in 3650 midlets with mmapi

Hi,
    we've developed a midlet that use mmapi on N3650 to play video and audio contents downloaded from net.
    WE have some problems with volume of audio when we are playing a video: it's too low, and we've understood that loudspeker is'n active.
    When we are playing an audio using the same method, the volume is correct, and loudspeaker are active...

Is there someone that have experienced the same problems?
    Any idea related possible solution?

Mauro

a few questions?

Are you still around?
    Can I ask you a couple questions about your app?

Hi

I'm facing the same problem... I need to activate the loudspeaker on a Nokia 3650 through my application. Is there any way to do this?

Hi Elovy, and Disgustipeted23.
    We have worked on this stuff, but unluckly we have not found a good solution. The lodspeaker are not activable from an application, and (i think it's a bug) the audio of a video is always low. We have seen different behaviour in Siemens SX1 and 6600, so we think it's probably a (old and forgot) Nokia Problem.

Bye

To Elovy.
    I'm sorry but I've not receveid any notification when you posted your question. So only now I read your post, when I got the notification for the new one.
    If you are still interested my e-mail is:
    rossottom (at) virgilio . it (without space ---> avoid spam)

thanx for the prompt reply rossotom... i tried downloading a WAV file and playing it on a 3650, and the loudspeaker is automatically activated... thats all i need to do at the moment, so... =D and thanx again!

if however someone has any ingenious idea of compressing WAV files (i have already lowered the bit-rate to 8kHz, mono... still takes about 2 min to download a 30sec audio WAV file!) i'd be glad to hear it