Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Thumbs down QtSdk 1.1 RC bugs

Hi guys

I'm working on app which using QtWebKit. It's some sort of "web browser". 1.0.2 (Qt 4.6.3) version works perfect.
    Just installed QtSDK 1.1 RC, built for device, installed on the phone (N8), and have crashes on 3 websites (out of 15) using daily. Moreover entire gui interface is slow (response on every button click is > 1 sec delay) until I switch orientation of the screen twice. When I launch application and change orientation from landscape to portrait and wise versa, after that it works fine again. Mystical stuff here.
    Non of these two problems (crash on websites load AND slow gui events) I haven't seen on official 1.0.2 NokiaQtSdk.
    1. I'm bit of afraid that it will be introduced in official Qt4.7.3 for mobile official very soon.
    2. How people developing Qt can do so shitty coding so the bugs goes through all unit testing, QA testing etc.. and appear in release candidate in new coming version of Qt??????!!!!!!

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: QtSdk 1.1 RC bugs

Quote Originally Posted by developer 123 View Post
    Hi guys

I'm working on app which using QtWebKit. It's some sort of "web browser". 1.0.2 (Qt 4.6.3) version works perfect.
    Just installed QtSDK 1.1 RC, built for device, installed on the phone (N8), and have crashes on 3 websites (out of 15) using daily. Moreover entire gui interface is slow (response on every button click is > 1 sec delay) until I switch orientation of the screen twice. When I launch application and change orientation from landscape to portrait and wise versa, after that it works fine again. Mystical stuff here.
    Non of these two problems (crash on websites load AND slow gui events) I haven't seen on official 1.0.2 NokiaQtSdk.
    1. I'm bit of afraid that it will be introduced in official Qt4.7.3 for mobile official very soon.
    You are right to be concerned, but what have you done about it? Have you created a bug report to let the Qt guys know that there is a problem? What is the bug id?
    Quote Originally Posted by developer 123 View Post
    2. How people developing Qt can do so shitty coding so the bugs goes through all unit testing, QA testing etc.. and appear in release candidate in new coming version of Qt??????!!!!!!
    Of course there's always a chance that the problem only shows-up when your perfect code is added to the shitty code written by those implementing the platform. Any chance that you could make your code a bit less perfect so that it would work?
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite