×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    150

    QtSDK 1.1 RC warning!!!

    Just wanna tell you my "journey" through developing and testing on release candidate on new 1.1 RC QtSDK on N8 device.
    1. Installed QtSDK 1.1 RC
    2. Took my old project (Qt gui, core, webkit).
    3. Built for N8 device
    4. try to install on the phone, msg "Unable to install"
    5. Installed qt libs from symbian/sis folder (new Qt 4.7.3, qtmobility and qtwebkit)
    6. my app installed fine after that
    7, found bugs on the phone (strange behaviour) in my app compiled with QtSDK 1.1 RC, which were not present on official 4.6.3
    8. installed old app compiled with 1.0.2 sdk (qt 4.6.3), same bugs and strange behaviour. Ok, qt 4.7.3 still remains on the phone...
    9. trying to uninstall qt 4.7.3, open application manager, there is nothing related to qt libs at all!!!
    10. do *#7370#
    11. installed my old app (built for Qt4.6.3), same strange behaviour (aha Qt 4.7.3 sticky remains in the OS)
    12. try to open Ovi Store in order to download any QT app and "resotre" official qt libs by smartinstaller
    13. OviStore shows greeen/blue splash screen for 5 seconds and crashes
    14. Do "magick finger phone start up in order to hard reset: "down key - camera key - app key - START"
    15. Phone reboots and is is empty!!!!: no Qt (ANY!!!) no Ovi Store, no Ovi Maps etc...
    16. Connect device to PC in Ovi Suite Mode. Ovi Suite shows that all is up to date, nothing needs to be updated!!!
    17. After 2 hours struggling to install old qt libs from NokiaQtSdk 1.0.2 gave no results (expired certificate) and ovistore.sis (update faileld)
    18. Finally open "device update" on the phone and found out that there is "ovi store" update 15 Mb
    19. Installed ovi store which returned me back qt 4.6.3 libs.
    20. Now all works again with official qt 4.6.3.

    Its just for you info... be careful with "release candidates".

  2. #2
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    11,359

    Re: QtSDK 1.1 RC warning!!!

    I would say be careful in general.

    Quote Originally Posted by developer 123 View Post
    Just wanna tell you my "journey" through developing and testing on release candidate on new 1.1 RC QtSDK on N8 device.
    1. Installed QtSDK 1.1 RC
    2. Took my old project (Qt gui, core, webkit).
    3. Built for N8 device
    4. try to install on the phone, msg "Unable to install"
    5. Installed qt libs from symbian/sis folder (new Qt 4.7.3, qtmobility and qtwebkit)
    Unable to install does not seem to be the kind of error you would see of Qt is missing or has incorrect version. It is possible that something else was wrong with your application's installation kit.
    Quote Originally Posted by developer 123 View Post
    6. my app installed fine after that
    7, found bugs on the phone (strange behaviour) in my app compiled with QtSDK 1.1 RC, which were not present on official 4.6.3
    Qt 4.7.3, as released through the Qt SDK, is official as well. There might be bugs in it though, so if you want them fixed, report them to http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com
    Quote Originally Posted by developer 123 View Post
    8. installed old app compiled with 1.0.2 sdk (qt 4.6.3), same bugs and strange behaviour. Ok, qt 4.7.3 still remains on the phone...
    9. trying to uninstall qt 4.7.3, open application manager, there is nothing related to qt libs at all!!!
    10. do *#7370#
    Why do that really? The SDK provides a downgrade package for Qt 4.6.x, just install that one and be happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by developer 123 View Post
    11. installed my old app (built for Qt4.6.3), same strange behaviour (aha Qt 4.7.3 sticky remains in the OS)
    12. try to open Ovi Store in order to download any QT app and "restore" official qt libs by smartinstaller
    That could't possibly work if your phone already has a newer version of Qt (not QT).
    Quote Originally Posted by developer 123 View Post
    13. OviStore shows greeen/blue splash screen for 5 seconds and crashes
    14. Do "magick finger phone start up in order to hard reset: "down key - camera key - app key - START"
    15. Phone reboots and is is empty!!!!: no Qt (ANY!!!) no Ovi Store, no Ovi Maps etc...
    Never. Ever. Do. That.
    Quote Originally Posted by developer 123 View Post
    16. Connect device to PC in Ovi Suite Mode. Ovi Suite shows that all is up to date, nothing needs to be updated!!!
    17. After 2 hours struggling to install old qt libs from NokiaQtSdk 1.0.2 gave no results (expired certificate) and ovistore.sis (update faileld)
    That is interesting. Are you sure your phone's date wasn't wrong? After all, the same binaries are not in the Qt SDK 1.1 RC, and they are working.
    Quote Originally Posted by developer 123 View Post
    18. Finally open "device update" on the phone and found out that there is "ovi store" update 15 Mb
    19. Installed ovi store which returned me back qt 4.6.3 libs.
    20. Now all works again with official qt 4.6.3.

    Its just for you info... be careful with "release candidates".
    As said above, all that was ever needed was the install of the right SIS files. Now that the problem is solved, you should install back Qt 4.7.3, test your applications with it and fix whatever bugs you find (or workaround platform bugs). The release of the final Qt SDK is imminent and with it deployment to devices. Once sold, your application will be expected to run on Ovi Store's QA devices (with Qt 4.7) and of course on your user's devices, which will have Qt 4.7 as well.
    -- Lucian

    If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

  3. #3
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    150

    Re: QtSDK 1.1 RC warning!!!

    Why do that really? The SDK provides a downgrade package for Qt 4.6.x, just install that one and be happy.
    can u be more specific, pls?

    Originally Posted by developer 123
    13. OviStore shows greeen/blue splash screen for 5 seconds and crashes
    14. Do "magick finger phone start up in order to hard reset: "down key - camera key - app key - START"
    15. Phone reboots and is is empty!!!!: no Qt (ANY!!!) no Ovi Store, no Ovi Maps etc...

    Never. Ever. Do. That.
    Funny.
    I did this for >20 different nokia models starting from symbian 7 devices. This is the only CORRECT method worked 100% if you want to return phone to "factory" state when anything goes totally wrong. Actually because of this format I finally managed to get this all back.

    7. After 2 hours struggling to install old qt libs from NokiaQtSdk 1.0.2 gave no results (expired certificate) and ovistore.sis (update faileld)

    That is interesting. Are you sure your phone's date wasn't wrong? After all, the same binaries are not in the Qt SDK 1.1 RC, and they are working.
    I am sure. Time is correct. I'm working with symbian phones > 5 years.

    As said above, all that was ever needed was the install of the right SIS files.
    You should try one day to install 4.7.3 libs on your phone and then downgrade to 4.6. It's not so easy as in your theories.

    Now that the problem is solved, you should install back Qt 4.7.3, test your applications with it and fix whatever bugs you find (or workaround platform bugs).
    I'll better to wait until official SDK. Not coding in qt for money but just for fun. With regression bugs in betas and RCs its not fun for me anymore....

  4. #4
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    11,359

    Re: QtSDK 1.1 RC warning!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by developer 123 View Post
    can u be more specific, pls?
    C:\QtSDK\Symbian\sis\Symbian^3\Qt\4.6.3\qt.sis - install that on your phone and you're back to 4.6.3 (actually, to 4.6.4 on S^3). Off course you have to install the corresponding QtWebkit and Qt Mobility 1.0.2 packages as well, but they are also provided in the SDK.

    A beta SDK is what it is, a beta. The point of trying it is to give feedback to the publisher about its content, with its improvements and regressions. If you don't commit to that, you may as well skip it and wait for the final.

    Quote Originally Posted by developer 123 View Post
    You should try one day to install 4.7.3 libs on your phone and then downgrade to 4.6. It's not so easy as in your theories.
    I've done a lot of upgrades and downgrades, plus I know how they work so I can simply look at the sis file to spot obvious problems. As for formatting the phone, it once to verify that indeed formatting the N8 is removing Qt components (although it shouldn't) and that restoring the phone and its apps is not going to be fun. I need not do it again. That is why the SDK offers the downgrade option, which makes the entire hassle avoidable. And those sis files work.
    Last edited by ltomuta; 2011-04-17 at 22:42.
    -- Lucian

    If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

  5. #5
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    150

    Re: QtSDK 1.1 RC warning!!!

    C:\QtSDK\Symbian\sis\Symbian^3\Qt\4.6.3\qt.sis - install that on your phone and you're back to 4.6.3 (actually, to 4.6.4 on S^3).
    at this point I see pop up message "Expired certificate". My phone clock shows Mon 18.04.2011

    As the cert date is easy to cheat, I tried to change phone date to several month back and forward, without success.

  6. #6
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    145

    Re: QtSDK 1.1 RC warning!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    That is why the SDK offers the downgrade option, which makes the entire hassle avoidable. And those sis files work.
    this works for me as well. i didn't go to click on the sis file, i just use the shortcut menu on the respective Qt SDK 1.x [alpha, beta]

  7. #7
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    145

    Re: QtSDK 1.1 RC warning!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by developer 123 View Post
    I'll better to wait until official SDK. Not coding in qt for money but just for fun. With regression bugs in betas and RCs its not fun for me anymore....
    i have to agree with you. struggle with the Qt SDK 1.1 beta with lots of weird errors. But the R.C seems ok, everything runs fine so far

  8. #8
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    11,359

    Re: QtSDK 1.1 RC warning!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by developer 123 View Post
    at this point I see pop up message "Expired certificate". My phone clock shows Mon 18.04.2011

    As the cert date is easy to cheat, I tried to change phone date to several month back and forward, without success.
    Drat and double drat. Sorry about that, you are indeed right, the sis files have been signed with the beta certificate which has a limited valability.
    -- Lucian

    If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Similar Threads

  1. What's wrong with my Code in Nokia QtSDK v1.1
    By pengan in forum [Archived] Qt Mobility Project
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2011-01-28, 06:53
  2. The techpreview version of QtSDK 1.1 has been released!
    By liuxg in forum [Archived] Qt General ( Qt技术)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2011-01-21, 01:56
  3. Nokia QTSdk Update to PR 1.3
    By niqt in forum [Archived] Qt SDKs and Tools
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 2010-11-02, 09:52
  4. [Compile Warning] warning: no newline at end of file
    By SymNLeaner in forum Carbide.c++ IDE and plug-ins (Closed)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2007-03-07, 08:24

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×