Just wanna tell you my "journey" through developing and testing on release candidate on new 1.1 RC QtSDK on N8 device.
1. Installed QtSDK 1.1 RC
2. Took my old project (Qt gui, core, webkit).
3. Built for N8 device
4. try to install on the phone, msg "Unable to install"
5. Installed qt libs from symbian/sis folder (new Qt 4.7.3, qtmobility and qtwebkit)
6. my app installed fine after that
7, found bugs on the phone (strange behaviour) in my app compiled with QtSDK 1.1 RC, which were not present on official 4.6.3
8. installed old app compiled with 1.0.2 sdk (qt 4.6.3), same bugs and strange behaviour. Ok, qt 4.7.3 still remains on the phone...
9. trying to uninstall qt 4.7.3, open application manager, there is nothing related to qt libs at all!!!
10. do *#7370#
11. installed my old app (built for Qt4.6.3), same strange behaviour (aha Qt 4.7.3 sticky remains in the OS)
12. try to open Ovi Store in order to download any QT app and "resotre" official qt libs by smartinstaller
13. OviStore shows greeen/blue splash screen for 5 seconds and crashes
14. Do "magick finger phone start up in order to hard reset: "down key - camera key - app key - START"
15. Phone reboots and is is empty!!!!: no Qt (ANY!!!) no Ovi Store, no Ovi Maps etc...
16. Connect device to PC in Ovi Suite Mode. Ovi Suite shows that all is up to date, nothing needs to be updated!!!
17. After 2 hours struggling to install old qt libs from NokiaQtSdk 1.0.2 gave no results (expired certificate) and ovistore.sis (update faileld)
18. Finally open "device update" on the phone and found out that there is "ovi store" update 15 Mb
19. Installed ovi store which returned me back qt 4.6.3 libs.
20. Now all works again with official qt 4.6.3.
Its just for you info... be careful with "release candidates".