Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

RDA devices missing RDA_testing-10212488-4 certificate?

I'm trying to check on RDA 3rd ed devices a JAR signed with the private key downloadable from the RDA site. I'm getting "Certificate error. Contact the application supplier."

The downloadable certificate is RDA_testing-10212488-4, but none of the 3rd ed devices I looked at has it. Some have RDA_testing-10212488-1 (different last digit) or RDA_testing-10212488-2, some like the N93 have no RDA certs.

Can you add this certificate to the 3rd ed devices?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: RDA devices missing RDA_testing-10212488-4 certificate?

Are you talking about the certificate available on RDA for signing SIS files? Next to the download link there is a "read more" link, pointing to http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...er_certificate

Read that article, in particular the section starting with "4. If you face installation problems, ...."

As for signing Java files with that certificate, I have doubts that it would work, but that's a different story.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    Are you talking about the certificate available on RDA for signing SIS files? Next to the download link there is a "read more" link, pointing to http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...er_certificate

Read that article, in particular the section starting with "4. If you face installation problems, ...."

As for signing Java files with that certificate, I have doubts that it would work, but that's a different story.
    "RDA_testing-10212488-4" is the only version that will be always used from now on. If you get certificate errors then use the included "RDA_cert.sisx" to install this root cert version to the device. What I could still add to the "troubleshooting" instructions in the wiki is that if "certificate provisioner" application is already installed to the device you are using (but RDA_testing-10212488-4 is still not present for some reason), then first uninstall the "certiticate provisioner" and after that after use the "RDA_cert.sisx" . that should do the trick.

I will go through all the devices soon to make sure the older root cert version is no longer present in any of the devices.

Regular Contributor

Itomuta, you were correct. Although I read the wiki, I skimmed quickly enough to just notice "check date" and "check that it is installed" but missed the fact that the SIS is the cert installer.

bloodredsky, installation indeed works after some struggle if the installer is already present or the cert manager is running. But Itomuta was also correct about it not being suitable for MIDP. Looks like some certs have "App installation" rights, while the RDA_testing ones only have "Symbian installation". (Given Symbian's cryptic error messages it could be another problem, but I think that's the issue.)

Is there somewhere to download a cert that works for J2ME, or can you add these rights to the RDA_testing one?

currently this just for signing .sis files. it might be possible to implement a similar process also for midlet signing, but lets see.

Regular Contributor

Thanks ltomuta and bloodredsky.

bloodredsky, do you mean something in the near future?

EDIT: I've added a note on MIDlet signing not being supported to the wiki article (along with other changes).