Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular Contributor

Post Screen navigation in Qt for symbian

Hi,

Using QStackedWidgetItem application in Qt for symbian,the 2nd page is being displayed by overlapping the 1 st page ,wher i dont want that to happen .when i click a button of the 1st page it just have to display to the 2nd page ,where the 2nd page is to be displayed not by overlapping the 1 st page .

Thanks and Regards
    Anamika

Re: Screen navigation in Qt for symbian

Do you have any screenshots?

Quote Originally Posted by Anamika View Post
    Hi,

Using QStackedWidgetItem application in Qt for symbian,the 2nd page is being displayed by overlapping the 1 st page ,wher i dont want that to happen .when i click a button of the 1st page it just have to display to the 2nd page ,where the 2nd page is to be displayed not by overlapping the 1 st page .

Thanks and Regards
    Anamika
    If you dont want to place one widget above the another why use QStackedWidget then

Super Contributor

,wher i dont want that to happen .when i click a button of the 1st page it just have to display to the 2nd page ,where the 2nd page is to be displayed not by overlapping the 1 st page .
    can you explain what your exact requirement.

Regular Contributor

I am unable to attach the screen shot of emulator in the forum.please tell me how to do this

Nokia Developer Moderator

How about uploading the pic to some service, like TinyPic.com and then share the link here?

Also, if you have two forms, say View1 and View2, what stops you from instantiating View2 and showing it on the screen while hiding or even deleting the other one?
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Regular Contributor

When i click the button of the first page ,it just have to navigate to the second page.

In my case when i click the button of the first page ,the second page is being displayed by overlapping the first page

Super Contributor

When i click the button of the first page ,it just have to navigate to the second page.

In my case when i click the button of the first page ,the second page is being displayed by overlapping the first page
    sorry but still not clear what is your required . is that you want the 2nd view to partially show on top of view 1 like a prompt dialog ?

Regular Contributor

Last edited by Anamika; 2011-04-19 at 07:18.

Super Contributor

it is more clearer now. for your requirement one way of your doing is just resize your widgets to your requirement.

Regular Contributor

ok when i call second view .the first view is still there.....my requirement is to view the navigation without overlapping. shall i use QStackedWidget.
    Last edited by Anamika; 2011-04-19 at 07:52.

Super Contributor

note: QStackedWidget is used to show multiple widgets on same parent widget so might not fit for your requirement.

ok when i call second view .the first view is still there.....my requirement is to view the navigation without overlapping. shall i use QStackedWidget.
    As stated above QStackedWidget doesn't seem fit for use in this scenario.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Seriously Anamika, is that the best you can do in terms of screen capture? You could make the simulator image a lot smaller and then put it in a 4000x4000 white background, see how that looks ... Don't you thing that what we needed to see is inside the emulator and not in the huge white background you provide?

Have you read my earlier comment? What is wrong with the concept of hiding one view while showing the other? What is wrong with the concept of deleting one view while showing the other, newly instantiated? Or what is wrong with the QStackedWidget? Or what is wrong with explicitly hiding the widgets you don't want to see anymore?
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Super Contributor

Yes, as said by ltomuta, showing current widget (call show() method for this) and hiding other widgets (call hide() method for this) is the easiest way for you to implement. Also putting a multiple widgets in QStackedWidget and then activating the current one using setCurrentIndex() method is also a state forward method.