Discussion Board

Thread: Json parsing

Regular Contributor

Smile Json parsing

Hi All,

I wanna to parse Json string, How to get value of tag without passing tag name ?
    I mean to say Json string is not same every time(i.e. tag name will be change everytime) then how can i parse it ?
    For e.g.
    first time my json string is something like this
    Val.Copy(_L("{\"header\":{\"Status\":201,\"Action\":\"auth\",\"UserId\":\"abcd12f\"},\"body\":{\"ConfigVer\":123,\"PIN\":324}}"));
    and next time my json string is something like
    Val.Copy(_L("{\"header\":{\"Status\":201,\"Action\":\"auth\"},\"body\":{\"ConfigVer\":123}}"));
    Please help me...
    Thanks
    Kalgi Modi

Super Contributor

Re: Json parsing

Nokia Developer Champion

Did you checked http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...e_JSON_string?

EDIT: Submitted the response simultaneously with savaj's reply. Sorry for that.

Regular Contributor

Yes, rite now m doing JSON parsing this way.. but i want to parse the value without giving key_name.

Not like textObj->GetStringL(_L("translatedText"),message); but how can i get the value when i dont know the tag name ?

jsonBuilder->BuildFromJsonStringL(Val);

this will parse my Json string , then how can i get the value when JSON tag is not fix (i.e. if tag is changed)??
    Thanks
    Kalgi Modi

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by kalgi View Post
    Yes, rite now m doing JSON parsing this way.. but i want to parse the value without giving key_name.

Not like textObj->GetStringL(_L("translatedText"),message); but how can i get the value when i dont know the tag name ?

jsonBuilder->BuildFromJsonStringL(Val);

this will parse my Json string , then how can i get the value when JSON tag is not fix (i.e. if tag is changed)??
    You don't have any other way instead of recognizing the tag values. If you are having different tag names every time, then this problem can be solved by below method.

The responses you are receiving should have a particular defined pattern. For example, there can be 10 kinds of pattern that you can receive. Two of them you have already shown (suppose). Now, you should make different classes so that you can parse each kind of response. When you receive pattern1 kind's data, then you should use class1 parser and so on.

So, from my opinion you should decide what kind of pattern responses you can receive. Then make different classes to parse them by making a parser function which can parse the Json string. On the basis of your request, you should know already in advance what kind of response you will be getting and hence use the corresponding parser class.