Discussion Board

Application not visible on OVI Store

Hi Ovi Store Support Team,

I have published my application to the Ovi store using our developer account. Our Ovi store developer account mentions that the status of my application is now published to the Ovi Store.
    In spite of this recently I have received a lot of complains from our customers that our application is not visible to them for download from the Ovi store. I would like to know why this is happening. I would appreciated some feedback to make our application visible for download.

Thanks for your help.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Application not visible on OVI Store

How do you get complaints when it is not visible ? it takes usually day or two after it has been processed untill the application actually gets to be fully visible in the ovi store.

Regular Contributor

I guess, you better mention the app name so that they can better investigate.

Also you may send email to publishtoovi.support@nokia.com

Nokia Developer Moderator

As well as see the general countries where Ovi store is available, as well as the countries as well as devices list set for that individual content.

Hey well i have no idea how you get anything i mean apps or games from this store any time i do it always shows that its busy, or already send a message u,ll get it shortly i would say that shortly is 6 to 7 months now What a Fucking service they have wowwwwwwwww and why the hell did des guys have started if they never want to provide any service.i never wanted to use this bad word but i have to (If you take any responsibility do it or leave it)
    Thanx Ria.

The complaints we have recieved lately from customers is that they are unable to find our application on the OVI store. We have redirected our customers to download the application directly from OVI store only after we recieved a confirmation from OVI that the application is published and available on OVI store for download. We have had our application on the OVI store for years. No clue why all of a sudden we do not see our application on the OVI store. The Application status on the Ovi Store publishing portal says application published and have comments from the QA team Revision 34 of this content file is currently published in the Ovi Store. If this is true why are people not finding our application (ScanLife 2D barcode Reader)

Super Contributor

Visibility of applications also depends on following things.
    1)If you are browsing Ovi store from a desktop/laptop (other than mobile) and you are not logged in your account then all applications (free and paid) are visible to you.
    2)If you are browsing Ovi store from a desktop/laptop (other than mobile) and you are logged in your account then all applications (free and paid) that are supported by your device are visible to you. (Assuming you set your device in your account).
    3)If you are browsing Ovi store from a mobile then all free applications that are supported by your device are visible to you. But if Ovi store does not have tie-up with your mobile operator (for billing) and if you do not have other option to buy a application (like using credit card) then paid applications is not visible in your device.

Check if this is the case for you.

I tried to test this out using the browser on my laptop. Neither did option 1 or 2 work for our ScanLife application.