Discussion Board

Nokia Developer Champion

OVI maps API issue

Hi, i am utilizing the OVI maps rendering API for displaying the map in the application.Until now everyting was going good & the map was getting downloaded in the application. Till now the URL provided to retreive the map iamge was m.ovi.me but suddenly it has been changed to maps.ovi.com, due to which the response received from server is 302 i.e. Moved temporarily, which automatically redirects the server hit to maps.ovi.com, which now results in a blank map image instead of the correct one, which application used to fetch using m.ovi.me.

we have recently uploaded the applications on OVI store , & today only when someone downloaded it, reported the bug of blank map image, then we checked it at our end & found this issue.So now i want to know that what can be done in this direction to rectify this, what OVI people have to say?

the link below has a link inside it for retrieving the map image, so please try hitting that link & see what does it retrieves instead of map image.

https://projects.forum.nokia.com/ovi...ssion/topic/18

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: OVI maps API issue

Have you read this announcement? It would appear that a) mobile users are not supposed to be redirected and b) if you are still redirected there is a way to prevent this by specifying an additional parameter.

Please note that this API has nothing to do with Symbian or Symbian C++, you should post your queries regarding it to a more suitable forum, like maybe the one within API's project space, where your link above posts as well.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Nokia Developer Champion

nops i did not read that announcement earlier.ok there are changes in the maps related urll's but now what our applications are already on ovi store. And yes of course in the mobile applications only it is getting redirected that is why i raised this issue.
    secondaly i created this thread here just to make sure that it is noticed easily as this section is more frequently visited by the members, as i need the clarification on this issue as soon as possible.So its not that i did not knew where to create which thread. Anyways thnaks a lot for that link.

When you have a dedicated project, set up by an API's developers and offering a dedicated forum for communication between them and their users, that has to be the fastest and more direct communication channel.

Your excuse for posting here looks like the very definition of spam.

As for the redirect change, I truly hope the team has a good excuse for implementing it now that there are already applications on the market using their previous release. But I haven't followed that API's roadmap so I cannot comment.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    that has to be the fastest and more direct communication channel.
    Already its two days since i created the thread in the projects forum, but till now there have been no views and thereby replies.Of course i do not expect instant replies, but two days are not so much short duration. Also its not the case with my thread, there are several of them with no views/replies.So the definition of fastest has to be change now i suppose

https://projects.forum.nokia.com/ovi...ussion/forum/7

The view's counter seems broken, at least the threads which have replies should have views as well
    All I can do is ping the project owners ...
    -- Lucian

Hi, Sending to my contacts in location team. Sorry for the delays...