Discussion Board

Thread: Qqrdecoder

Qqrdecoder

hi ... i am final year student . i downloaded the qqrdecoder and run it from the qt creator . i am using win 7 os and qt sdk 1.1 rc. i am getting upto 15 errors and 8 warnings. please help me with this

as you have successfully made it working can u send the working copy to my mail karthick9686@gmail.com. it would be very help full for me.

the errors are as follows

E:/symbian/QQrDecoder/QQrDecoder-build-simulator/../QQrDecoder/zxing/common/EdgeDetector.cpp:184: error: C2065: 'INFINITY' : undeclared identifier
    E:/symbian/QQrDecoder/QQrDecoder-build-simulator/../QQrDecoder/zxing/oned/Code128Reader.cpp:181: error: C3861: 'fmaxl': identifier not found
    E:/symbian/QQrDecoder/QQrDecoder-build-simulator/../QQrDecoder/zxing/oned/Code128Reader.cpp:428: error: C3861: 'fminl': identifier not found
    E:/symbian/QQrDecoder/QQrDecoder-build-simulator/../QQrDecoder/zxing/oned/Code39Reader.cpp:216: error: C3861: 'fmaxl': identifier not found
    E:/symbian/QQrDecoder/QQrDecoder-build-simulator/../QQrDecoder/zxing/oned/ITFReader.cpp:132: error: C2057: expected constant expression
    E:/symbian/QQrDecoder/QQrDecoder-build-simulator/../QQrDecoder/zxing/oned/ITFReader.cpp:132: error: C2466: cannot allocate an array of constant size 0
    E:/symbian/QQrDecoder/QQrDecoder-build-simulator/../QQrDecoder/zxing/oned/ITFReader.cpp:132: error: C2133: 'counterDigitPair' : unknown size
    E:/symbian/QQrDecoder/QQrDecoder-build-simulator/../QQrDecoder/zxing/oned/ITFReader.cpp:291: error: C2057: expected constant expression
    E:/symbian/QQrDecoder/QQrDecoder-build-simulator/../QQrDecoder/zxing/oned/ITFReader.cpp:291: error: C2466: cannot allocate an array of constant size 0
    E:/symbian/QQrDecoder/QQrDecoder-build-simulator/../QQrDecoder/zxing/oned/ITFReader.cpp:291: error: C2133: 'counters' : unknown size
    E:/symbian/QQrDecoder/QQrDecoder-build-simulator/../QQrDecoder/zxing/oned/ITFReader.cpp:342: error: C2057: expected constant expression
    E:/symbian/QQrDecoder/QQrDecoder-build-simulator/../QQrDecoder/zxing/oned/ITFReader.cpp:342: error: C2466: cannot allocate an array of constant size 0
    E:/symbian/QQrDecoder/QQrDecoder-build-simulator/../QQrDecoder/zxing/oned/ITFReader.cpp:342: error: C2133: 'pattern' : unknown size
    E:/symbian/QQrDecoder/QQrDecoder-build-simulator/../QQrDecoder/zxing/oned/OneDReader.cpp:73: error: C3861: 'fmax': identifier not found

the warnings are a follows
    E:/symbian/QQrDecoder/QQrDecoder-build-simulator/../QQrDecoder/zxing/common/EdgeDetector.cpp:60: warning: C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data
    E:/symbian/QQrDecoder/QQrDecoder-build-simulator/../QQrDecoder/zxing/oned/Code39Reader.cpp:217: warning: C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'long double' to 'size_t', possible loss of data
    E:/symbian/QQrDecoder/QQrDecoder-build-simulator/../QQrDecoder/zxing/oned/ITFReader.cpp:106: warning: C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data
    E:/symbian/QQrDecoder/QQrDecoder-build-simulator/../QQrDecoder/zxing/oned/Code39Reader.cpp:217: warning: C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'long double' to 'size_t', possible loss of data
    E:/symbian/QQrDecoder/QQrDecoder-build-simulator/../QQrDecoder/zxing/oned/ITFReader.cpp:106: warning: C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data

please help me

Re: Qqrdecoder

Try with latest code from http://code.google.com/p/zxing or read this issue and fix it.

You probably wont face this issue when compiling for device.

hi thanks buddy

hi i am using the simulator qt for visual studio 2008 so i got those errors.. but when i used the simulator Qt for mingw 4.4 the error is different .

it says #include <iconv.h> header file missing... is this error also the reason i am not using the device for compilation ... now i am just compiling Qqrdecoder in the simulator.

Super Contributor

I really suggest you use Qt SDK RC / Nokia Qt SDK then try compiling for Symbian target.

Hello,

I am new to Symbian Development. I downloaded the QQrDecoder.zip ,extract it,open the project in QtCreator. I installed the app in my Nokia N8 device.when i build and run the app , the app successfully launched but when i try to read the barcodes it doesn't read a single barcode. i tried with 20 books. In that app there is an option to turn flash on, but no functions triggered when clicking that button and also autofocus is not working. i tried to find the error using QMessageBox, it always throws errors like General Camera Error,No Code detected,Luminance value is low.What may be the problem . Please advice me.

Hello,

regarding the flash and focus, there is problem because of the underling SDK used that doesn't properly supports them (Qt Mobility Camera). So that is a serious issue.

Generally i have no Symbian^3 device so i can't check the program other that the Simulators. So i can't regenerate the errors you are getting but i will try from the Simulator as much as i can.

I have only tested it with Qr codes but the decoding operations regarding all the other formats still exist, so the image is clear enough it should decode them indeed.

So the only thing this project can do is to make the image clearer and this is the future objective.

Go to this page: https://projects.developer.nokia.com/QQrDecoder/browser
    download the source. In there i updated the .sis file, install it.

I removed the automatic detection. Press at the middle button whenever you want to detect a barcode.

Let me know of the outcome.

Hello,

I downloaded the sis file and installed into my Nokia N8. When i launch the app and try to detect the barcode using by pressing the middle button , it always show message No,Focus try again message. But the flash light flashing. Application quits multiple times when i scan barcodes. I tried to scan with my books the camera preview is not clear.

Hello ,

Thanks for your effort. I think the application quits when it correctly scan the barcodes. But i don't know the reason why it is Quitting.

Hello Nikolaos,

First of all many thanks for your reply. I have installed the Qt 4.7.4 and Qt Mobility 1.2 from my QtSDK what i installed in my system(IDE: Qt Creator 2.3.0). Please refer the screen shot from where i have installed the Qt 4.7.4 and Qt Mobility 1.2. After installing the above sdk, i have got the general camera error which i have mentioned in the screen shot from the device.

Super Contributor

You don't need to install Qt creator and Qt mobility separately , install only Nokia Qt SDK 1.1.3 from here : https://www.developer.nokia.com/Develop/Qt/

and then try to run you code for Symbian target.