Discussion Board

[RDA services] Problems accessing remote devices

Dear All,

during the last week, access to RDA service has been troublesome. Sometimes the apu.ndhub.net host hangs and doesn't serve the device list, while other times shows a 500 error. Also the service itself doesn't work as usual, i.e. reserved phones don't work. For example, opening the phone's web browser shows only an empty screen or emulation waits indefinitely for the phone to initialize.

I've been using the RDA service in the past and have experienced none of the above.

Can anyone confirm the problems I'm experiencing, or is it just my setup (which passed the initial test, btw)?

I'm connecting from Italy, using a 100-mbit fiber connection. Client is Mac OS X 10.6.7 with latest updates applied + Safari or Firefox. I must say I've tried also using a Windows XP client with no success.

Thanks,
    Corrado Fiore

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: [RDA services] Problems accessing remote devices

Quote Originally Posted by corradofiore View Post
    Dear All,

during the last week, access to RDA service has been troublesome. Sometimes the apu.ndhub.net host hangs and doesn't serve the device list, while other times shows a 500 error. Also the service itself doesn't work as usual, i.e. reserved phones don't work. For example, opening the phone's web browser shows only an empty screen or emulation waits indefinitely for the phone to initialize.

I've been using the RDA service in the past and have experienced none of the above.

Can anyone confirm the problems I'm experiencing, or is it just my setup (which passed the initial test, btw)?

I'm connecting from Italy, using a 100-mbit fiber connection. Client is Mac OS X 10.6.7 with latest updates applied + Safari or Firefox. I must say I've tried also using a Windows XP client with no success.

Thanks,
    Corrado Fiore
    I have received a few similar reports and we are investigating the root cause

Regular Contributor

Hi,
    I am facing the same problem already the whole day - the RDA site is visible but loading of the Java device GUI fails (takes forever and then starts without a device).

Regards,

Is there any update on this? I haven't been able to get a good connection with RDA for a while.

Anything new on this? I have tried to connect to RDA yesterday and today, to no avail.

[correction : I do have a connection today, but it is dead slow]

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by kylom View Post
    Anything new on this? I have tried to connect to RDA yesterday and today, to no avail.

[correction : I do have a connection today, but it is dead slow]
    last time the cause was non-optimal database queries. this caused occasional server slowdowns/hangs when a lot of people were refreshing the phones view at the same time. was fixed at one point.

this time the cause would appear to be something else, as server load seems fine. we are digging through the logs to figure it out. however at least at the moment the service and devices seem to load up ok again.