×

Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    9

    Video cutting in Symbian 3

    Hi,

    I am trying to cut h264 - video in mobile phone. For example if I need 10s piece of big video to separate file, what is the simpliest way to do this?

    I have tried with ffmpeg-library, but I can't figure out how to use it. Library was very difficult to import and I don't still understand how to do it right way(importting external libraries).

    Is there any examples or ideas how to cut mobile phone's own videos in Qt?

    Effectivity would be also important when cutting hd-videos.

    I am using Windows 7 and Qt Creator 2.1.0 Based on 4.7.1.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    9

    Re: Video cutting in Symbian 3

    I know there is possibility to cut videos with ffmpeg in command line like this: "ffmpeg -ss 00:00:30.0 -t 00:00:10.0 -i input.wmv -acodec copy -vcodec copy -async 1 output.wmv".

    But I want this action happen in program which is in Symbian 3 phone. Is it possible to call command line in qt-program in phone and run this ffmpeg command there or what I should to do?

    I heard there are lot of professional coding people in this forum so if anybody could help little bit?

    Thanks!

  3. #3
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    9,968

    Re: Video cutting in Symbian 3

    1st thing s 1st you need to learn how to use 3rd party libraries in your project.
    after that still you may have to port ffmpeg to Symbian

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    9

    Re: Video cutting in Symbian 3

    Quote Originally Posted by skumar_rao View Post
    1st thing s 1st you need to learn how to use 3rd party libraries in your project.
    after that still you may have to port ffmpeg to Symbian
    I can use ffmpeg functions in my project now, but I don't know how to cut video. What is the method for cutting, I can't find it from ffmpeg documentation? Maybe it's combination of many methods..

  5. #5
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    9,968

    Re: Video cutting in Symbian 3

    Quote Originally Posted by samx200 View Post
    I can use ffmpeg functions in my project now, but I don't know how to cut video. What is the method for cutting, I can't find it from ffmpeg documentation? Maybe it's combination of many methods..
    yes it is there you tried using in your last post

    Code:
    fmpeg -vcodec copy -ss 00:01:00 -t 00:03:00 -i infile.mpg outfile.mpg
    
    the -vcodec option chooses the video codec to use, more options are:
    -vcodec <string> : Force video codec.
    copy : Copy raw codec data as is.
    dvvideo : DV Video (for video editing, I've heard)
    ffv1 : FFV1 lossless video codec
    h264 : H.264 (best mpeg-4 codec, I've heard)
    mpeg2video : MPEG-2 Video
    rawvideo : RAW Video
    xvid : XviD ( MPEG-4 Part 2 )
    confessing that i never used on device

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    9

    Re: Video cutting in Symbian 3

    Quote Originally Posted by skumar_rao View Post
    yes it is there you tried using in your last post

    Code:
    fmpeg -vcodec copy -ss 00:01:00 -t 00:03:00 -i infile.mpg outfile.mpg
    
    the -vcodec option chooses the video codec to use, more options are:
    -vcodec <string> : Force video codec.
    copy : Copy raw codec data as is.
    dvvideo : DV Video (for video editing, I've heard)
    ffv1 : FFV1 lossless video codec
    h264 : H.264 (best mpeg-4 codec, I've heard)
    mpeg2video : MPEG-2 Video
    rawvideo : RAW Video
    xvid : XviD ( MPEG-4 Part 2 )
    confessing that i never used on device
    But I think this command is meant to use in command line: "ffmpeg -ss 00:00:30.0 -t 00:00:10.0 -i input.wmv -acodec copy -vcodec copy -async 1 output.wmv"? Am I right?

    How I can do same thing in my code? I can open my video file. What I can do to cut it? I am beginner with Qt so I need detailed help.. Can you give short example?

  7. #7
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    9,968

    Re: Video cutting in Symbian 3

    Quote Originally Posted by samx200 View Post
    But I think this command is meant to use in command line: "ffmpeg -ss 00:00:30.0 -t 00:00:10.0 -i input.wmv -acodec copy -vcodec copy -async 1 output.wmv"? Am I right?

    How I can do same thing in my code? I can open my video file. What I can do to cut it? I am beginner with Qt so I need detailed help.. Can you give short example?
    nothing to do with Qt actually you have to disect the commandline to code to see which all functions are called. you then might be able to add those functions to your code.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mumbai, India
    Posts
    1,998

    Re: Video cutting in Symbian 3

    Probably you need to go through http://www.ffmpeg.org/documentation.html ffmpeg documentation and their mailing list to get some help in using the API.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    9

    Re: Video cutting in Symbian 3

    Can I use windows binaries? Is Qt-creator able to compile and use these to Symbian?

    Or from where I can get Symbian binaries of ffmpeg/ how I can compile Symbian binaries in Windows?

  10. #10
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    9,968

    Re: Video cutting in Symbian 3

    Quote Originally Posted by samx200 View Post
    Can I use windows binaries? Is Qt-creator able to compile and use these to Symbian?
    No you can't use windows binaries in Symbian

    Or from where I can get Symbian binaries of ffmpeg/ how I can compile Symbian binaries in Windows?
    you have to find a ffmpeg port for symbian

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    9

    Re: Video cutting in Symbian 3

    Quote Originally Posted by skumar_rao View Post
    No you can't use windows binaries in Symbian

    you have to find a ffmpeg port for symbian
    I can't find ffmpeg port for symbian. I have tried whole day.. Is it possible to give link where I can download them? It is very important, I would be very thankful!

  12. #12
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    9,968

    Re: Video cutting in Symbian 3

    Quote Originally Posted by samx200 View Post
    I can't find ffmpeg port for symbian. I have tried whole day.. Is it possible to give link where I can download them? It is very important, I would be very thankful!
    hmm looks like google works very good for me http://tongari.at/symbian/ffmpeg/index.html

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Rome
    Posts
    268

    Re: Video cutting in Symbian 3

    Quote Originally Posted by skumar_rao View Post
    hmm looks like google works very good for me http://tongari.at/symbian/ffmpeg/index.html
    Find some code around is not the solution to the problem when you come to ffmpeg
    ffmpeg is one of the most complex piece of code in the whole world... You should not suggest to anyone, expecially newbies, to waste their time trying to recompile it on Symbian as if it was a trivial task ...

    If there is someone that should face such a task , it is Nokia itself , and they did not.
    Neither Nokia provides a valid alternative API to deal with mp4
    Last edited by lucarocchi; 2011-05-06 at 15:47.
    Keep it simple, stupid
    borg - http://store.ovi.com/content/116105

  14. #14
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    9,968

    Re: Video cutting in Symbian 3

    Quote Originally Posted by lucarocchi View Post
    Find some code around is not the solution to the problem when you come to ffmpeg
    ffmpeg is one of the most complex piece of code in the whole world... You should not suggest to anyone, expecially newbie, to waste his time trying to recompile it on Symbian as if it was a trivial task ...

    If there is someone that should face such a task , it is Nokia itself , and they did not.
    Neither they provide a valid alternative API to deal with mp4
    if you see the above posts, samx200 already using and referring to ffmpeg, I have not suggested ffmpeg as a solution only given him some suggestion about already ported version of ffmpeg.

    A platform that provides and makes changes to itself to support opensource applications to easy portability expects that developers do some work to port with little or no effort.

    coming to newbie part .. if a developer is new to a platform at least he will not use ffmpeg on any mobile platforms.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Rome
    Posts
    268

    Re: Video cutting in Symbian 3

    Of course everyone can build ffmpeg on Linux / Windows as is , but port it to Symbian ...very strange, no one did it yet
    Keep it simple, stupid
    borg - http://store.ovi.com/content/116105

Similar Threads

  1. Cutting, copying and pasting
    By MattLG in forum Qt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2010-10-03, 12:23
  2. Play a rtsp youtube video in Symbian Video player
    By murthy.pramod in forum Symbian Media (Closed)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2010-09-14, 19:28
  3. NOKIA 8800 KEEPS CUTTING OUT...
    By mark_a_thorpe in forum General Development Questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2009-01-12, 01:14
  4. 6310i Cutting Out
    By aslewis in forum General Development Questions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2003-05-01, 14:01

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •