Discussion Board

Use of NEP External API.

Hello,

I'm facing a lot of problems while trying to use the NEP External API. What I want to do is that my application can obtain measurement data from NEP and display it on the screen. To receive measurement samples from NEP, I know that I have to pass a pointer to my implementation of MJuiceMeasurementSampleReaderIf interface to the NewL() function of CJuiceExternalApi, but then, I don't know where these samples are saved and how to display them on the screen.

I've been searching over internet and documentation but I can hardly ever find information about this API, so I'm really lost... Could you help me a little bit with it? Or do you know where I can find more info and examples about this topic?

Thank you very much for your help!

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Use of NEP External API.

That interface can not be simpler. It requires implementing a single method which has a single TJuiceMeasurementSamples argument. That is a callback method, you implement it and NEP invokes it. What you get in the argument is the measurement data. It is you who can collect/store/ignore it, and it is also you who can display/draw/etc. RArray could be a good utility to store either the entire sample (RArray<TJuiceMeasurementSamples>) or just a part of it.

Ok, thank you! I'm going to try to implement something like this.... but... don't you know where I can find more information and examples of this API??

Nokia Developer Moderator

Example of what? Receiving a value as a parameter in a callback? As I remember the API package does have some examples, does it not?
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite