Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Thread has panicked. Category: ViewSrv; Reason: 14

Dear all,

I wrote a very short Qt app for Symbian (Nokia N8) that is crashing with:
    Process 573, thread 574 stopped at 0x8043b019: Thread 0x23e has panicked. Category: ViewSrv; Reason: 14

The Forum Nokia Library has a System Panic Reference (under Nokia Symbian^3 Developer's Library v0.9.1 -> Reference, but it doesn't list the Category: ViewSrv. Searching the library I found a list of View Server panics, but the table ends with number 13! And until now, Google had no results for "Category: ViewSrv; Reason: 14"...

I guess this is a problem with Qt Mobility on Symbian. This Qt app just starts an ad-hoc connection (using QNetworkSession, QNetworkConfiguration and QNetworkConfigurationManager), then starts an PyS60 (Python for Symbian) app using:
    Code:
        QProcess proc;
        static const QStringList param("");
        int rc = proc.execute(app_filename, param);
    The panic happens only when the PyS60 app starts using the phone's camera. I wondered if there was any connection with ViewSrv reason 11, but it doesn't seem to be the case (the PyS60 can run for more than a minute without using the camera and the Qt app doesn't crash).

Any ideas?

Regular Contributor

Re: Thread has panicked. Category: ViewSrv; Reason: 14

I've found two other thread concerning this problem: What is Viewsrv 14 panic? and How to solve Viewsrv -14 crash?, but I don't have a deep knowledge of Symbian C++ to be able to understand what that means and how to solve my problem.

This Qt app has two functions: start an specific ad-hoc connection and notice when the PyS60 ends. I need this because:

• unfortunately, starting a PyS60 app on Symbian^3 requires an active Internet connection
    • my PyS60 app randomly crashes, sometimes after a couple of minutes, sometimes after a couple of hours
    The Qt app should verify if the PyS60 app crashed and restart it automatically.

I'll try to use QProcess::start instead of execute and see if it helps...

Regular Contributor

Re: Thread has panicked. Category: ViewSrv; Reason: 14

It helped! Sorry about the noise...