Discussion Board

VKB: how to switch between text mode and password mode and disable input menu button?

First sorry about my English!!!
    I am working with Symbian VKB.
    I got example from http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/How_to_launch_virtual_keyboard_with_touchUI and now I can call and use VKB.
    So now I want to switch between text edit mode and secret (passwords) edit mode. I try many time with
    CAknEdwinState::SetCurrentInputMode(EAknEditorSecretAlphaInputMode); but it no help!!!

I found that VKB shown secret symbol (*) when set input capabitilites with para TCoeInputCapabilities::ESecretText in function CFEPHandler::InputCapabilities() const but I don't know how to update the capabitities (which object call this function and when???) because this function called only once time when my app started.

2nd question is how to disable input menu button on vkb (like wifi password input screen)?

Thank very much!!!

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: VKB: how to switch between text mode and password mode and disable input menu but

It is the type of editor you use and its flags that determine the type of input they will receive from the keyboard. So focus on your editor not on the VKB.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Re: VKB: how to switch between text mode and password mode and disable input menu but

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    It is the type of editor you use and its flags that determine the type of input they will receive from the keyboard. So focus on your editor not on the VKB.
    Thank you for reply but I need more details, please!!!
    I have a custom control and implement MCoeFepAwareTextEditor interface.

I tried many ways but all failed!!!
    Please tell me if you need any more info!!!

Thanks you very much!!! (and sorry about my English!!!)

Nokia Developer Moderator

-- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Thank you very much! But I think I need explain more clearly.
    My problem is when user input a password not when the password completely inputted.

When user input a char, that char show the true char (ex: 'a', 'b') about 1 second and after that it change to '*'.

And I don't have a true editor to show the password. I just get the password from user and draw it to screen by my code.

So you think my custom control need implement CEikSecretEditor?
    Now in Vietnam is 11pm and I will try tomorrow.

And do you have any idea about disable input menu key on VKB (the key beside the -> key)
    Thanks.
    Last edited by citapto; 2011-04-30 at 18:14.

Can any one help me? Please!!!