Discussion Board

How get install s60 sdk on QT creator properly?

Hi,

I have tried almost every guide i can find online to install the s60 3rd edition sdk on my qt creator. I have tried just installing the basic nokia qt sdk and then even installing it seperately as guided here: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...r_with_Symbian There just isn't a s60 qt version in my project options. Can anyone give me a hand? When I was installing the s60 3rd sdk, it gave me an popup error: It gave me an error stating: "WINDOWS VISTA USERS::Please find the GCCE patch for MSVISTA in\C:\S60\devices\S60_3rd_FP2_SDK_v1.1\plugins\vistapatch". Does this have any significance in the failure of my approach?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: How get install s60 sdk on QT creator properly?

What exactly are you trying to do and why?
    Use the Nokia Qt SDK 1.0.2, that's the SDK to use if you plan to develop Qt applications for Symbian.
    If you want to develop a Symbian C++ module then install the correct SDK, and Carbide.c++.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    What exactly are you trying to do and why?
    Use the Nokia Qt SDK 1.0.2, that's the SDK to use if you plan to develop Qt applications for Symbian.
    If you want to develop a Symbian C++ module then install the correct SDK, and Carbide.c++.
    I want to release my project to s60 3rd edition but I cant seem to figure out how. I only have the option to release it to symbian^1 and symbian^3.

Nokia Developer Moderator

As long as you use Qt 4.6.3 and Qt Mobility 1.0.2 (i.e. the Nokia Qt SDK 1.0.2) you can release the applications you build to all S60 3.1 and later devices.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Do you know how I can fix all the auto detected QTs? All of them cannot find their qmakes.

If these are the ones from the remote compiler, then how do I install the exact ones on my qt creator so I don't have to use the remote one?