Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular Contributor

Question Still getting problem to Send Email via QDesktopServices::openUrl() function

Hi,
    From last many days, I was trying to send mail from my application, FAILED all the time. I am giving here full information regarding the issue. If anyone had face this kind of issue please reply me.

First Way:
    Code:
    QDesktopServices::openUrl(QUrl("mailto:narendar.saini@xymob.com?subject=Test&body=Test Body"));
    Second Way:
    Code:
    QString body("This is to test");
    body.replace(QLatin1Char('\n'),QLatin1String( "\r\n" )).remove( QLatin1String("\r\r" ));
    QByteArray encoded = "mailto:"
                             + QUrl::toPercentEncoding( "narendar.saini@xymob.com" )
                             + "&subject=" + QUrl::toPercentEncoding("Playing with it")
                             + "&body=" +QUrl::toPercentEncoding(body) ;

QDesktopServices::openUrl( QUrl::fromEncoded( encoded ) );
    Added Headers:
    QDesktopServices
    QUrl

.Pro Entries
    QT += core gui network

CONFIG += mobility
    MOBILITY = messaging

symbian {
    TARGET.UID3 = 0xe6dafc9d
    TARGET.CAPABILITY += UserEnvironment NetworkServices LocalServices Location ReadUserData ReadDeviceData WriteUserData WriteDeviceData
    TARGET.EPOCSTACKSIZE = 0x14000
    TARGET.EPOCHEAPSIZE = 0x020000 0x800000
    }

Target Device:
    Nokia E7-00 (Without SIM Card, with Wi-Fi)

After building the App. I sent this file for Singing to Open Signed Online (Symbian). Here is the link
    https://www.symbiansigned.com/app/pa...ignedOnline.do

Then I get singed sis file and when I install this file on my device (E7) both way to invoke default client not works.
    Is this device issues? OR
    Am I missing some signing related things? OR
    Any other issue ?

Mailbox:
    I have configured 2 mailboxes "Gmail" and "Yahoo Mail"

Note: If I load local Html file in Browser with hyperlink which contains "mailto...." then default mail client works. See this code
    Code:
    QDesktopServices::openUrl(QUrl::fromLocalFile("E:/send_me_mail.html"));
    Please let me know if something is not clear....

Regular Contributor

Re: Still getting problem to Send Email via QDesktopServices::openUrl() function

Which version of Qt are you using? According to QTBUG-15136 (and QTBUG-15282) this should've been fixed for 4.7.2.

Regular Contributor

Re: Still getting problem to Send Email via QDesktopServices::openUrl() function

Quote Originally Posted by treinio View Post
    Which version of Qt are you using? According to QTBUG-15136 (and QTBUG-15282) this should've been fixed for 4.7.2.
    I am using -
    1) Nokia Qt SDK 1.0.2
    2) Qt 4.6.3
    3) Device Nokia E7-00
    4) My App should run on Qt4.6 and higher

.pkg

; Dependency to Qt Webkit
    (0x200267C2), 4, 6, 3, {"QtWebKit"}
    ; Default dependency to Qt libraries
    (0x2001E61C), 4, 6, 3, {"Qt"}

; Default dependency to QtMobility libraries
    (0x2002AC89), 1, 0, 2, {"QtMobility"}

Super Contributor

Try with newer Qt version which has v4.7.3 shich should fix this problem

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by skumar_rao View Post
    Try with newer Qt version which has v4.7.3 shich should fix this problem
    If I compile with Qt 4.7 then, can I able to publish my app on OVI store. I am asking this because I got following few lines on last month ie 4th Apr 2011 from Forum Nokia. Please read below...

App publication with Nokia Qt SDK 1.0
    Apps created with this SDK for the Nokia N900 or that use Smart Installer to package apps for any supported Symbian device can be submitted for publication in the Ovi Store. However, note that Qt 4.7 apps for Symbian are not accepted by Ovi Store at this time.

LINK: http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n...ia_Qt_SDK.html

App publication with Qt SDK 1.1 (Release Candidate)
    You cannot publish apps created with the Qt SDK1.1 release candidate to Ovi Store. Smart Installer doesn't support upgrading devices to the Qt 4.7 and Qt Mobility 1.1 APIs. Only apps built with the Nokia Qt SDK 1.0 , using Qt 4.6, can be published through Ovi Store.

LINK: http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n...f8/Qt_SDK.html

But now the content has been changed on May 2011. What has been changed in these 30 days... Please clear..

Super Contributor

yes you can from 4th may 2011 onwards.

Regular Contributor

yes you can from 4th may 2011 onwards.
    Okay thats great....
    So I am going to perform following steps, please correct me If I am wrong

1) First I will get Nokia Qt SDK 1.1 RC
    2) Then I will compile my app with this, ie 4.7.3 (and 1.1.3 Qt Mobility if required)
    3) Then I update my device Nokia E7 from Qt 4.6.3 to 4.7.3 --- How to do this ?
    4) And then I will deploy sis file on device.. and will hope it will work perfectly.

Super Contributor

1) First I will get Nokia Qt SDK 1.1 RC
    Not RC get the final version
    3) Then I update my device Nokia E7 from Qt 4.6.3 to 4.7.3 --- How to do this ?
    just use smart installer while deploying your application.

Regular Contributor

just use smart installer while deploying your application.
    Using Smart Installer I think we need a Developer Certificate.... How to get Free Developer Certificate from OVI.

Hello narendar,

Download Nokia Smart Installer for Symbian from here.
    It's better for your device to install your apps.
    Last edited by Abhishek Khetani; 2011-05-06 at 07:38.
    - AbhisheKhetani

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by narendar_discover View Post
    Using Smart Installer I think we need a Developer Certificate.... How to get Free Developer Certificate from OVI.
    just send a mail to OVI publisher email ID more info you can find here https://www.forum.nokia.com/Distribu..._signing.xhtml

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Abhishek Khetani View Post
    Hello narendar,

you still need a certificate to add add smart installer to your application sis

Nokia Developer Moderator

To update the Qt version on your working device you could use the smart installer or you could simply install it using the SIS files provided in the SDK. Isn't the later easier? But talking about the Smart Installer:

Quote Originally Posted by narendar_discover View Post
    Whether you need or not a developer certificate that is not something to do with the Smart Installer, it can handle self-signed applications as well if need be. Of course getting a developer certificate from Ovi Publish is free and gives you access to 13 capabilities instead of the 5/6 you can use in self-signed apps so of course you should get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Abhishek Khetani View Post
    Hello narendar,

The Smart Installer is part of the Qt SDK 1.1. It is only available on the wiki page in case you delete it by accident or in case you are developing Qt apps with Carbide.c++ and Symbian/S60 SDK (not recommended)

you still need a certificate to add add smart installer to your application sis
    No, you don't. Or if you do, that's not because of Smart Installer.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    No, you don't. Or if you do, that's not because of Smart Installer.
    I have seen your official video for using "Smart Installer", you were saying that we can get DevCert from OVI Publish or Symbian Signed with new 0x2.... UID. And in the latest SDK ie 1.1 has option to use Smart Installer via Qt Creator. That is okay...

But right now I dont have DevCert and I want to use Smart Installer in my SIS file. I have downloaded the "smartinstaller_0_46_0_ss_nocs.sis". Ultimately what I want
    1) I have my Application.SIS
    2) I have smart installer "smartinstaller_0_46_0_ss_nocs.sis"
    3) I dont have DevCert, so that I dont have UID of 0x2.... range.
    4) I have Nokia Qt SDK 1.0.2, Later on I will update with 1.1

Now I want send my application to someone with Smart Installer Integration, so that he dont need to install Qt and QtMobility, he will just install the app and app should have responsibility to download the required packages before installing the actaull app.

Kindly waiting for further discussion and please correct me if I am wrong in any place...

Nokia Developer Moderator

Just follow the normal steps for creating the SIS files and use UIDs from the range 0xA (if you plan to release) or 0xE (if you just run a quick test). As long as you don't use non-user-grantabe capabilities, you should be OK by using self-signing on both the app and the Smart Installer wrapper.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite