hi,

Is there any issues if I use QMainWindow with a QGraphicsView as its central-widget, and I configure QGLWidget as the viewport of QGraphicsView?
My application crashes at the call to "showFullScreen()" in MainWindow, with the message
"Process 727, thread 728 stopped at 0x80976818: A data abort exception has occurred.".

I set up my MainWindow in the following way:

Header file of MainWindow:
Code:
class MainWindow : public QMainWindow
{
    Q_OBJECT

public:
    explicit MainWindow(QWidget *parent = 0);
}
App code:
Code:
  MainWindow *mainWindow=new MainWindow(NULL); // the constructor configures some items in the menuBar() of QMainWindow
  QGraphicsView *graphicsview=new QGraphicsView();
  QGraphicsScene *scene=new QGraphicsScene;
  graphicsview->setViewport(new QGLWidget); // note: with the default (non-OpenGL) viewport, the app is working fine!
  graphicsview->setScene(scene);
  graphicsview->setBackgroundBrush(Qt::black);
  graphicsview->setHorizontalScrollBarPolicy(Qt::ScrollBarAlwaysOff);
  graphicsview->setVerticalScrollBarPolicy(Qt::ScrollBarAlwaysOff);
  graphicsview->setStyleSheet("QGraphicsView { border-style: none; }");
  graphicsview->setViewportUpdateMode(QGraphicsView::FullViewportUpdate);
  graphicsview->setRenderHints(QPainter::Antialiasing | QPainter::SmoothPixmapTransform);
  graphicsview->setAutoFillBackground(false);
  graphicsview->setAttribute(Qt::WA_OpaquePaintEvent);
  graphicsview->setAttribute(Qt::WA_NoSystemBackground);
  graphicsview->setAttribute(Qt::WA_StyledBackground,false);

mainWindow->setCentralWidget(graphicsview);
  // add items to GraphicsScene
  // set states and transitions in GraphicsScene etc.
  // start state machine
  // configure resize-event-filter for the main-window (for handling of orientation change on the mobile)
  mainWindow->showFullScreen();  // here the application crashes on Symbian^3 device (desktop and simulator work fine)
.PRO file:
Code:
QT       += core gui network
QT       += opengl
symbian {
    LIBS += -lavkon -lcone
    TARGET.UID3 = 0xe6a46832
    TARGET.CAPABILITY = NetworkServices
    TARGET.EPOCSTACKSIZE = 0x14000
    TARGET.EPOCHEAPSIZE = 0x100000 0x2000000
}

Notes:
I use Qt SDK 1.1 RC. I have tried the same application with three different targets.
With "Desktop" as target the app works well (Windows XP). With "Qt Simulator (Symbian^3)" as target, it works fine as well.
The app crashes only with a Symbian^3 device (Nokia C7).
I use only good old Qt 4.6 classes (no 4.7 classes!). The only reason why I use Qt SDK 1.1 (RC) is the use of QGLWidget as viewport for my GraphicsView.
(With the old Nokia SDK (using 4.6 backend) it was not possible to compile the code if QGLWidget is used in it.)
If I don't use QGLWidget as viewport in my GraphicsView, the app is working fine (both with the old and new SDK).
I have rebuilt the app so that no QMainWindow is used, only a GraphicsScene + GraphicsView (with OpenGL-viewport), and the app worked fine!
It seems that only the combination QMainWindow + QGraphicsView as its central-widget + QGLWidget as its viewport
causes the crash.
But it would be nice to have the QMainWindow and its menuBar on my Symbian device, and also some OpenGL acceleration for my animated transitions.

Please help,
thanks
Peter