Discussion Board

Question please help me. how to remove 'blank background' if i use carbide 4.0

i.m very thankful if get the answer..
    i.m using carbide 4.0 and i.m having problem with (i dont know what's it name, but i say) 'blank background'. it appeared when i choosing option bar or installing application. can carbide 4.0 remove it or replace with another background?? how???

thanks before. =)

Re: please help me. how to remove 'blank background' if i use carbide 4.0

Are u using Symbian 5th edition or later?
    I have some problems too...and it appears that its not the Carbide 4.0 or 4.1 problems.
    Check out the Resources Pane -> Colours -> Screen Dimming option.
    Among three components that appear on the Components Pane after selecting Screen Dimming option,
    make sure that u use black (#000000) as the Fade Black Map colour, and white (#ffffff) as the Fade White Map colour.
    You may use any color as the Screen Dimming Colour which will give the colored transparency effects when popup action takes action (e.g. choosing option bar).
    Good Luck

Hi,
    just a simple guess, are you designing theme for symbian 5th edition?
    I believe it's not the carbide.ui 4.0 or 4.1 problems. On the Resources Pane, locate the "Colour"->"Screen Dimming" option.
    Make sure you use the black (#000000) for the Fade Black Map, and white (#ffffff) for the Fade White Map.
    You may choose any colour for the Screen Dimming Colour option since it will give the coloring effect on the bg transparancy when popup action triggered (e.g. when choosing Option bar).
    Good Luck

Hi can anyone help me i am creating symbian 3 themes using carbide.ui 4.1, the prob is when i design themes on Symbian Anna and create a package ,and try it on my Nokia N8 the theme does not show Symbian ANNA icons , what am i doing wrong , please advice .when i print the pdf screen of the package the screens show the ANNa icons but the theme does not show ANNa icons on the phone.
    Last edited by d627699993; 2011-07-11 at 12:57.