Discussion Board

Question some question for submit express sign

Hello everybody, I have some questions to ask, it's about the SYMBIAN signature.

First, My program is based on PIPS, so in my installation package, I use the SILENT INSTALL way, When I uninstalled can i keep it ?

Second , my program consists of three parts, one for the background process, there is no GUI, it is the AUTO start. 2 is a JAR. It has a GUI. 3 is the installation program, mainly for SILENT INSTALL PIPS and the JAR, but I have no way to uninstall the JAR (for technical reasons), is it permissible?

Third, I know ZIP package includes the following file (. SIS,. PKG, README, MANUAL), my shortcut to the program is in Chinese, so Can I use Chinese characters to write up README and MANUAL.

Forth, for the AUTO START program, must have a GUI to start and stop it?
    Last edited by qiubole; 2011-05-04 at 09:51.

Super Contributor

Re: some question for submit express sign

I think in general everything should be removed when we uninstall the app, Symbian signed does not allow misuse of space. If i remember, after installing and using the app and at the end if you uninstall the app then waste space should be less than 100 KB

I Use SwiUI::RSWInstLauncher to install JAR, but it unsupport uninstall for FP2 futher. and symbian not public the way how to uninstall jar

Nokia Developer Moderator

I would try a waiver. Generally the cleanup requirement is true, but removing a runtime, specifically PIPS, can cause a lot of harm. It would kill all other applications using Open C, including every Qt app. BTW Qt, I do not think that Qt gets uninstalled either.
    The .jar is an other question, let us wait for some Symbian Signed representative.