Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

"Devices left pending are not supported by Ovi Store"?

Can someone explain what that means? I have no idea what are these "pending devices".

In some cases I'm getting this back from QA as a note, also on files that pass QA.

Note to Nokia: How about adding wiki articles on all common QA issues/notes, explaining them in detail? Some of them, like this, are completely vague.

Edit: Resolved. See post #14.
    Last edited by jrez; 2011-05-10 at 14:27.

Re: "Devices left pending are not supported by Ovi Store"?

I assume you are talking about a Qt app/game. It means that in future some devices will get a Qt support update after which your app/game will work on that device too. I think you still need to add the device in talk to the Device Distribution list. This has happened to me with C7 Astound device.

Regular Contributor

It's Java.

maybe it's something similar... I don't know, sorry...

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jrez View Post
    Can someone explain what that means? I have no idea what are these "pending devices".

In some cases I'm getting this back from QA as a note, also on files that pass QA.
    It is difficult to comment on what "pending devices" means outside the context in which the message is displayed.

Quote Originally Posted by jrez View Post
    Note to Nokia: How about adding wiki articles on all common QA issues/notes, explaining them in detail? Some of them, like this, are completely vague.
    That is a more than valid request, I hope Ovi team adopts the idea.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by jetrix74 View Post
    maybe it's something similar...
    Java is supported on all devices, but even if it were a problem, the message tells nothing about the problem or what devices it applies to.

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    It is difficult to comment on what "pending devices" means outside the context in which the message is displayed.
    The first post is all the context I have. A Java build passed QA. The comment section for the "content item" included a note:

"Devices left pending are not supported by Ovi Store. Ovi Store supported device list can be found from https://publish.ovi.com/help/content_providers."

Did you check the comment box on content item page?

Regular Contributor

The note is from the comment area.

Ok. I had a spesific device mentioned on the comment area.

the answer you seek is in the comment you received (did you bother to read it?)
    "Ovi Store supported device list can be found from https://publish.ovi.com/help/content_providers."
    goto https://publish.ovi.com/help/content_providers
    there is a box titled "Ovi Store Supported Device list" - https://p.d.ovi.com/p/g/ovistore_sta...w2wdzLHU00ioQw
    it contains the list of devices currently supported on Ovi store.
    those that are NOT on that list are NOT supported on Ovi and are therefor pending (this could be for 2 reasons they havent been released yet - new devices that u see in distribution matrix like E6, and those Txxx models etc OR its OLD devices such as s40 3rd edition that according to the document you see only 4 handsets are supported but still the distribution list contains alot more - dont ask me why they contain those but they are probably never gonna be supported so it doesnt matter to you)

Regular Contributor

This is just conjecture on your part. Assuming it's true, the comment from QA is misplaced and misworded. Misplaced, as it has no bearing on the QA process or your build. Misworded, as "pending devices" is completely cryptic (is it even mentioned anywhere else?), and it suggests but doesn't explain a QA-related failure on your part.

If that's what they want to say there should be a message in the device selection area saying "Not all devices are available in store. Some may be supported in the future, but this isn't guaranteed". Better yet, there should be a status field for each device stating it's/your build's store status: "published", "QA failed" (with a popup explaining or linking to the QA description), "future device", "no store support".

Anyway, this is all guesses without Nokia input.

This is not conjecture or guess work on my part this is official response i received from Nokia when querying about the same issue a year ago when i published my first java game.
    The devices that are left pending are registered in the QA results under pending and you can clearly see which devices those are.

I reckon the best way to solve this, though it would entail much work, is publish applicable applications market style. Meaning only the applicable applications to a specific app will be shows once the market identifies what device is connecting.

Though, it would be making sure of more work as you have to individually tag each device to what app and check for compatibility.

Regular Contributor

Thanks shaii. Indeed there is a list of devices shown under: Show QA details \ Pending \ Show. I didn't realize that.

A suggestion to Nokia: My assumption was the "Show QA details" shows progress during QA, not that it shows QA results per device. Some things that would help are adding device status to the distribution table (see post #11 above), naming the link better ("Device QA results" or something else more clear), and indicating how to reach the list in the QA comment.

Your welcome.