Discussion Board

"Note: Corrupt" error when opening application

I have created an AIF file, but when I try to open it I get a "Note: Corrupt" error when starting the application. What am I doing wrong?

Regular Contributor

RE: "Note: Corrupt" error when opening application

The problem is that you are using a UID that is already allocated for some other application. EPOC is quite fussy about UIDs. The other associated application is trying to open your application as a file and it issues a "corrupt" notice since it can't interpret your application as data.

To resolve the problem, check that the UID you have specified is unique. There is a the test range of values set aside by Symbian for application development: 0x01000000 and 0x0fffffff. Or apply to Symbian and get some UIDs of your own - it doesn't take them long to reply.

Re: RE: "Note: Corrupt" error when opening application

Hello,
    I get the same message on my 9500 Communicator each time I fire up the Web browser that after this works fine. At the end of the session when it quits I get the same message: 'Note: System: Corrupt". Any help how can I resolve this ? Does it announce a more serious problem?
    Thanks

Dimitri
    Brussels

Originally posted by huckFIN
    The problem is that you are using a UID that is already allocated for some other application. EPOC is quite fussy about UIDs. The other associated application is trying to open your application as a file and it issues a "corrupt" notice since it can't interpret your application as data.

To resolve the problem, check that the UID you have specified is unique. There is a the test range of values set aside by Symbian for application development: 0x01000000 and 0x0fffffff. Or apply to Symbian and get some UIDs of your own - it doesn't take them long to reply.