×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    65

    Question Need help to run an Application on Mobile

    Hi friends,,!

    I have made one small application in Visual Studio 2005, which is is Small Game. I want to know that how can i use this application in Mobile Phone,,, ?

    Please give some guidance..!

    In Advance,, thanks.:confused

  2. #2
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Lempäälä/Finland
    Posts
    29,169

    Re: Need help to run an Application on Mobile

    What kinf of application it is supposed to be, and what target have you build it for ?

  3. #3
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    11,359

    Re: Need help to run an Application on Mobile

    Quote Originally Posted by Addy3013 View Post
    Hi friends,,!

    I have made one small application in Visual Studio 2005, which is is Small Game. I want to know that how can i use this application in Mobile Phone,,, ?

    Please give some guidance..!

    In Advance,, thanks.:confused
    Visual Studio is an IDE, you can use it for many types of programs or as a text editor for writing a cooking book. Unless you have more details about the technology used to develop said game, nobody can help you.

    And your chances are 1% that the game was developed for Symbian/S60 2.x (therefore usable on some very old Nokia smartphones), some 2% chance that the app was intended for Windows CE/Mobile (therefore usable on some Windows based smartphone) and the rest of 97% are your chances of that being a desktop Windows application which you can use ... well, on Windows. But not on a Windows Phone.
    -- Lucian

    If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    65

    Re: Need help to run an Application on Mobile

    Hi Itomuta..!

    I think you are right... but i am very familiar with the Visual Studio... So I want to develope a mobile application on this plateform.. Does any newer version of the Visual Studio provides the facility to develope a mobile application in Visual Studio? I am using Visual Studio 2005..!

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    65

    Re: Need help to run an Application on Mobile

    And i want to know that if i will make a Mobile application in any platform.. (for example Symbian) , Does we have to register first our application ? OR we can use it directly in any supportable mobile device?..

  6. #6
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    28,752

    Re: Need help to run an Application on Mobile

    Visual Studio is not a supported tool for doing development for current Nokia devices, that is all.
    You can develop applications for Windows Mobile and Windows Phone platforms using Visual Studio, however Nokia has not started manufacturing its Windows Phone 7 devices yet.

    Development for current Nokia devices requires no special registration, you can start it any time.

  7. #7
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    11,359

    Re: Need help to run an Application on Mobile

    Quote Originally Posted by Addy3013 View Post
    Hi Itomuta..!

    I think you are right... but i am very familiar with the Visual Studio... So I want to develope a mobile application on this plateform.. Does any newer version of the Visual Studio provides the facility to develope a mobile application in Visual Studio? I am using Visual Studio 2005..!
    You may be familiar with Visual Studio, but you don's seem to understand concepts such as IDEs, SDKs, APIs, frameworks, platforms, compilers, ...

    In all these, the IDE you use is the least relevant part. You can write your application in Notepad as long as you use the right APIs, from the right SDK, using the right compiler configuration and targeting the correct OS running on a specific hardware. And SDK and an optimized IDE may hide all these from you to some extent, but you still need to understand them. You cannot say "I develop with Visual Studio version X" since that means nothing, unless you specify all the other parameters of your project.

    As said above, as of now you can't do anything for Nokia's mobile platforms using Visual Studio to begin with. But that's a minor problem, there are other IDEs, easy to learn and similar enough to VS. The APIs, are not the same thing, you will have to learn them. And there will be some specific tools and processes, but it can all be learned in due time.
    -- Lucian

    If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    65

    Re: Need help to run an Application on Mobile

    Thank you Wizard_hu_

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    65

    Re: Need help to run an Application on Mobile

    HI Itomuta..

    thanks for the information sharing... I will try another one plateform.... recently i am learning the J2ME ... but it seems like hard to learn...!
    Anyway... i will continue with it,,, !

Similar Threads

  1. help : need application to run on different mobile
    By bunkdeath in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2010-10-06, 19:22
  2. Need help on Nokia NFC Mobile Application
    By sanjeev kumar lamba in forum General Development Questions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2010-09-14, 11:22
  3. need help to Autostart an application...
    By amol_benare604 in forum Symbian
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 2009-04-02, 12:04
  4. I am newbie. Need help with getting app. run on real mobile.
    By nattachai_lao in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2008-05-30, 18:48
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2003-12-22, 13:11

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×