Discussion Board

Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Re: Ovi reports not working?

Quote Originally Posted by pr3drag View Post
    This is rather unacceptable from a reputable company like Nokia. This problem has showed many times since 2009 and still is not resolved... having the reports not updated for 4 or 5 days may happen and it's not a big issue, but now it has been 2 weeks without reports. I can remember some time ago we were nearly one month without reports. This makes all developers a huge damage as we need to take decisions quickly, that are the results of the sales reports. Also, someone reported that sales charts are also messed up, this is even worse. Moreover, we are approaching Xmas and this is a time of the year that's crucial for us. One would expect that such an issue is solved within a couple of days. If needed, there should be a dedicated team working 24h a day to resolve the issue. If it takes longer it means that something big is corrupt in the system, but in this case you should think to change the whole backend system because this one is really not adeguate to the importance of the store.

6 days after this problem has emerged I wrote:

Quote Originally Posted by cotonet View Post
    Thanks Andrew for your efforts. I'm a programmer and I know that things can go wrong.

But I'm here for just one month, and I think that the things here go wrong very usualy .

/*

Just a Comment

To me and in this "problem", or Nokia in this area have bad programmers (I hope not) or have legacy systems that dont know how to integrate. But this is just my opinion.

*/

But I think that worse than not knowing how much I'm gaining every day, is that I'm unable to do a correct marketing of the app (I'm not sure if the price of my app must go up or down), this for me is the worst.

Of course this is the worse assuming that the accounts are well made.

Thanks
    Today, 13 days without reports. How can we make a proper marketing of our applications????

In one month I published 10 app, have 3 more in QA, and I'm finishing 1 right now (the last one without reports). How can I know if I'm going in the right direction????

I was hoping that the upgrade of 9th of December had solved this issue, but sadly not.

It is really strange, in more than 12 days Nokia failed to solve this problem, I think that in this period they had been time to make one system identically or better from the start.

Thanks for the support (really good support Andrew), but I'm really starting to think about another solution (app store), I know that my thoughts probably are worthless for Nokia, but as a matter of principle I could not stop writing.

Thank you.

and the worst part is that when the reports do come up, sales probably dropped by 80%...

Nokia Developer Expert

I understand all your frustrations and I assure you that we are doing everything to resolve this issue. This has been escalated multiple times and brought to the attention of the management team. All hands on deck are called to resolve this problem as soon as possible.

I will report back here soon and update you on the latest findings.
    Andrew
    Follow @AndrewAtNokia on Twitter for news and updates about Nokia Publish!
    Andrew is now on Facebook to assist you with any publishing related inquiries.

Quote Originally Posted by fredericobsantos View Post
    and the worst part is that when the reports do come up, sales probably dropped by 80%...
    for some it's even worth, 100% drop because apps start disappear from store
    http://inmobisoft.com

I am also greatly concerned that the Nokia Store app (client) on my Nokia 5230 is not showing any content...does anybody know are any of the other s60v5 devices affected?
    Last edited by SieMotNok; 2011-12-13 at 09:34.

Quote Originally Posted by SieMotNok View Post
    I am also greatly concerned that the Nokia Store app (client) on my Nokia 5230 is not showing any content...does anybody know are any of the other s60v5 devices affected?

Last time the reporting went down, one of my apps, which had been at the top 6 for months disappeared from the best seller category all together in Finland for some phone models and could only be found by direct search. It's insane, that downloads between all different phone models.

This is crazy! I sure hope that the data isn't lost!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Nokia View Post
    This has been [sic] brought to the attention of the management team.
    Aarrgh! Now it will never be fixed

Quote Originally Posted by MWillits View Post
    Oh, if it's already management involved than problem is really serious. We should forget about any fixes at least to the beginning of next year. So Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all

Quote Originally Posted by MWillits View Post
    Don't worry management is here and will have many meetings about your problem!

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by lucidmind View Post
    No report update, no time schedule, no developers, only managers.

Regular Contributor

That's what worries even more

I don't matter how long they take to fix this problem, i only want that they fix this problem once and for all. Because the "reports/store positioning" problems were recurrent in the last months