Dont forget if you have been developing with Qt, that you can build your app for the android market using Necessitas HERE. I have deployed my first 2 Nokia Qt apps to the droid marketplace using the initial necessitas alpha with no big issues. My latest app that uses qt components for symbian is taking some more work to deploy on android but it should be done shortly. The first Necessitas Beta I expect to be out very shortly (pending Nokia's release of 4.8).I've used the time to register on the droid market and now I'm happily writing my first droid app.
The sales for the same apps on Android are higher than on Ovi too, and you have complete control of your business. You can contact your customers, offer refunds and rebates, great statistics, easy and fast QA, monthly payments that match the accurate reporting, etc, etc... You wont regret moving to Android!
Last edited by Jon Heron; 2011-12-13 at 21:59.
comment retracted. please delete.
Last edited by MWillits; 2011-12-13 at 21:56.
This sub-forum is turning into some sort of bash.org variant
You betcha. They had it coming.This sub-forum is turning into some sort of bash.org variant
What I find really shocking is that after months, nay years of problems, this is now getting attention from the management team. Well, while you're at it, make sure they read this:
*** NS online reporting is not, and has never been fit for purpose. ***
1. Because it does not provide correct and reliable data
2. Because it does not track payable revenue and payments
3. Because revenue payment method is so complex and convoluted, that calculation of the current balance has to start from the day store was first open
4. Because even in it's current useless incarnation, it has never really worked. Problems have been many, constant and mostly catastrophic. Thousands of euros of spurious revenue randomly appearing and disappearing. Zero revenue in reports regardless of sales for some countries. The list goes on...
5. Every other day somebody seems to manually run some sort of buggy script to generate data. This wasn't ok 20 years ago, and it's not ok now.
6. Even the smaller, annoying bugs have been ingored for over a year (for example the landing page report that always ends up showing red "maintenance" message, but then changes it's mind)
7. I am not even getting into how irregular the payments are, how random the payment amounts are, and how much back revenue is owed to average publisher
8. I am not even getting into how pirates get and freely distribute our apps within days of them being submitted to store, while we are all but barred from implementing any method of purchase validation.
Somebody will manually "make it work" once again, in a day or a week, but it will be cracking up in a few weeks all over again.
This is only possible if people are completely detached from what they are doing. Or if they really don't know what they are doing.
I feel for people like Andrew and support staff who are taking heat because others and incompetent and unprofessional.
Last edited by MWillits; 2011-12-13 at 22:31.
Well said, MWillits!!
This situation is beyond ridiculous at this point, Nokia should make up for the faulty system by temporarily boosting our share of revenue to 90% or something like that . Or even eliminate theirs completely for the days the system didn't work.
I totally agree with MWillits. If I could code (I only make themes), I'd have switched a long time ago. I'm even seeing what possibilities are for themers in Android and jumping ship as soon as possible.
Last edited by fredericobsantos; 2011-12-14 at 03:00.
I also totally agree with MWillits! Kudos!
And by the way nokia store client on Nokia 5230 is showing content in all categories again so nice that they fixed that.
But of course ovi reports still are not working.
Android reporting is not very accurate either, but still much better than non-existent Ovi reports. Recently they adjusted number of active installs down for example, and every week they inform about some other reporting issues.
Yes, I've also noticed that problems often occured after the calculation of payment or even after updating meta-data. Or maybe that just happened by accident, I don't know. Luckily, it seems that the invoice mailing still worksI noticed one strange thing: almost every time when payment is calculated there are reporting issues observed - sometimes just a few days, sometimes for a longer period of time. For example, today I have received an invoice for the remainder payment for 2011