Discussion Board

Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Regular Contributor

Re: Ovi reports not working?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Nokia View Post
    I understand all your frustrations and I assure you that we are doing everything to resolve this issue. This has been escalated multiple times and brought to the attention of the management team. All hands on deck are called to resolve this problem as soon as possible.

I will report back here soon and update you on the latest findings.
    Thank you, Andrew, but what exactly is causing the problem, at least in general terms?

Quote Originally Posted by lucidmind View Post
    Don't worry management is here and will have many meetings about your problem!
    Well, you got that wrong. Not my problem. I am on strike

Seriously, while this is going on, I won't be developing for Nokia. I've used the time to register on the droid market and now I'm happily writing my first droid app.

Quote Originally Posted by flotron View Post
    I don't matter how long they take to fix this problem, i only want that they fix this problem once and for all. Because the "reports/store positioning" problems were recurrent in the last months
    How about this has been happening over and over for over a year, not just a few months. I published my first app to Ovi in August of last year and this reporting bug has been one of the many issues that has been happening since then... Dont get me started...

I've used the time to register on the droid market and now I'm happily writing my first droid app.
    Dont forget if you have been developing with Qt, that you can build your app for the android market using Necessitas HERE. I have deployed my first 2 Nokia Qt apps to the droid marketplace using the initial necessitas alpha with no big issues. My latest app that uses qt components for symbian is taking some more work to deploy on android but it should be done shortly. The first Necessitas Beta I expect to be out very shortly (pending Nokia's release of 4.8).
    The sales for the same apps on Android are higher than on Ovi too, and you have complete control of your business. You can contact your customers, offer refunds and rebates, great statistics, easy and fast QA, monthly payments that match the accurate reporting, etc, etc... You wont regret moving to Android!
    Cheers,
    Jon
    Last edited by Jon Heron; 2011-12-13 at 20:59.

comment retracted. please delete.
    Last edited by MWillits; 2011-12-13 at 20:56.

This sub-forum is turning into some sort of bash.org variant

This sub-forum is turning into some sort of bash.org variant
    You betcha. They had it coming.

What I find really shocking is that after months, nay years of problems, this is now getting attention from the management team. Well, while you're at it, make sure they read this:

*** NS online reporting is not, and has never been fit for purpose. ***

Here's why:

1. Because it does not provide correct and reliable data
    2. Because it does not track payable revenue and payments
    3. Because revenue payment method is so complex and convoluted, that calculation of the current balance has to start from the day store was first open
    4. Because even in it's current useless incarnation, it has never really worked. Problems have been many, constant and mostly catastrophic. Thousands of euros of spurious revenue randomly appearing and disappearing. Zero revenue in reports regardless of sales for some countries. The list goes on...
    5. Every other day somebody seems to manually run some sort of buggy script to generate data. This wasn't ok 20 years ago, and it's not ok now.
    6. Even the smaller, annoying bugs have been ingored for over a year (for example the landing page report that always ends up showing red "maintenance" message, but then changes it's mind)
    7. I am not even getting into how irregular the payments are, how random the payment amounts are, and how much back revenue is owed to average publisher
    8. I am not even getting into how pirates get and freely distribute our apps within days of them being submitted to store, while we are all but barred from implementing any method of purchase validation.

Somebody will manually "make it work" once again, in a day or a week, but it will be cracking up in a few weeks all over again.

This is only possible if people are completely detached from what they are doing. Or if they really don't know what they are doing.

I feel for people like Andrew and support staff who are taking heat because others and incompetent and unprofessional.
    Last edited by MWillits; 2011-12-13 at 21:31.

Well said, MWillits!!
    Cheers,
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by MWillits View Post
    8. I am not even getting into how pirates get and freely distribute our apps within days of them being submitted to store, while we are all but barred from implementing any method of purchase validation.

Somebody will manually "make it work" once again, in a day or a week, but it will be cracking up in a few weeks all over again.

This is only possible if people are completely detached from what they are doing. Or if they really don't know what they are doing.

I feel for people like Andrew and support staff who are taking heat because others and incompetent and unprofessional.

This situation is beyond ridiculous at this point, Nokia should make up for the faulty system by temporarily boosting our share of revenue to 90% or something like that . Or even eliminate theirs completely for the days the system didn't work.

I totally agree with MWillits. If I could code (I only make themes), I'd have switched a long time ago. I'm even seeing what possibilities are for themers in Android and jumping ship as soon as possible.
    Last edited by fredericobsantos; 2011-12-14 at 02:00.

I also totally agree with MWillits! Kudos!

And by the way nokia store client on Nokia 5230 is showing content in all categories again so nice that they fixed that.
    But of course ovi reports still are not working.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Heron View Post
    The sales for the same apps on Android are higher than on Ovi too, and you have complete control of your business. You can contact your customers, offer refunds and rebates, great statistics, easy and fast QA, monthly payments that match the accurate reporting, etc, etc... You wont regret moving to Android!
    Cheers,
    Jon
    For us, Android sales are only 20% of Ovi sales. On iPhone we are making almost the same as with Nokia, so for us Ovi Store is the best. We have the very same app ported for all three platforms.

Android reporting is not very accurate either, but still much better than non-existent Ovi reports. Recently they adjusted number of active installs down for example, and every week they inform about some other reporting issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Heron View Post
    Dont forget if you have been developing with Qt, that you can build your app for the android market using Necessitas HERE. I have deployed my first 2 Nokia Qt apps to the droid marketplace using the initial necessitas alpha with no big issues. My latest app that uses qt components for symbian is taking some more work to deploy on android but it should be done shortly. The first Necessitas Beta I expect to be out very shortly (pending Nokia's release of 4.8).
    Cheers,
    Jon
    sounds interesting. So far I was avoiding Android because I hate Java as much as I love Qt. But recent ARM SDK and your claims about Qt apps in their store make me rather optimistic. Should have a look at least...

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by onedeveloper View Post
    For us, Android sales are only 20% of Ovi sales. On iPhone we are making almost the same as with Nokia, so for us Ovi Store is the best. We have the very same app ported for all three platforms.

Android reporting is not very accurate either, but still much better than non-existent Ovi reports. Recently they adjusted number of active installs down for example, and every week they inform about some other reporting issues.
    I noticed one strange thing: almost every time when payment is calculated there are reporting issues observed - sometimes just a few days, sometimes for a longer period of time. For example, today I have received an invoice for the remainder payment for 2011

Regular Contributor

I noticed one strange thing: almost every time when payment is calculated there are reporting issues observed - sometimes just a few days, sometimes for a longer period of time. For example, today I have received an invoice for the remainder payment for 2011
    Yes, I've also noticed that problems often occured after the calculation of payment or even after updating meta-data. Or maybe that just happened by accident, I don't know. Luckily, it seems that the invoice mailing still works

Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast