Discussion Board

Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Regular Contributor

Re: Ovi reports not working?

...almost every time when payment is calculated there are reporting issues...
    Well spotted. It does seem to be related to revenue payment calculations.

The good news is in my invoice which arrived this morning. I got a pretty big payment, which covers more than a half of back revenue "gap". Although this is a sort of an admission they had numbers wrong, I am quite happy to finally have some resolution. There is still no way of checking correctness, but looks like an improvement.

Now that the revenue payment invoices are coming out, I am pretty sure online reports will come up in due course.

I received my invoice today as well. Which is at least some good news and the amount was pretty high too! I noticed that the terms we not the normal ones at the bottom. Does this mean we should see payment soon instead at the start of the month?

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by ivanlitovski View Post
    The good news is in my invoice which arrived this morning. I got a pretty big payment, which covers more than a half of back revenue "gap". Although this is a sort of an admission they had numbers wrong, I am quite happy to finally have some resolution. There is still no way of checking correctness, but looks like an improvement.
    In my opinion, this is not a proof of a wrong numbers. According to my experience, Nokia always closes the gaps between paid and estimated amount (the sort of) at the end of the year because the end of the year is a financial deadline, so Nokia receives money and accounting reports from operators as well.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by lostdev View Post
    In my opinion, this is not a proof of a wrong numbers.
    I know, I did say "sort of"...

According to my experience, Nokia always closes the gaps between paid and estimated amount (the sort of) at the end of the year because the end of the year is a financial deadline, so Nokia receives money and accounting reports from operators as well.
    Doesn't matter really, but you make an interesting point. I haven't seen that happen in either 2009 or 2010.

Also, I wonder how could this be true if operators normally get 6 months to settle payments. Are you saying that they have 6 month term for half a year and then less and less until end of year? Sounds too convoluted, but perhaps it's possible.

Great news to see that Nokia is catching up with payments. Hopefully, we will see also that the reports issue becomes a thing of the past, and we can have a more efficient business.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Hi all,

We have identified the source causing the latest issues found with the reporting tool.

Issue #1: Reports for paid content is having issues capturing purchase statistics from 29th November onwards.

Status: We have investigated and identified the source behind the issues found with the reporting tool. The Nokia Development team has applied the fixes and we are currently in the process of re-populating the data from 29th November onwards. This process should be completed early next week.

We will continue to update this post as new information is available.
    Andrew
    Follow @AndrewAtNokia on Twitter for news and updates about Nokia Publish!
    Andrew is now on Facebook to assist you with any publishing related inquiries.

Hi Andrew.

Great news. Let's hope this time the problem gets really solved.

Thanks

been more than two weeks no update statistic data for my paid contents.

Something has trickled in tonight, but lets hope there have been more sales than that...

Same here. Hope those figures level up.

Quote Originally Posted by Poly View Post
    Same here. Hope those figures level up.
    Yea I am sure they will level up. Some sales were updated for our content as well, but I know that 2 test purchases that we made are not shown in the data right now.

If I understand it correctly the reporting tool should be fixed now, but it will take until next week until all sales data will be updated for the two missing weeks. However, sales that happen from now on should be updated accurately every night starting today or?

Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Langfinger View Post
    If I understand it correctly the reporting tool should be fixed now, but it will take until next week until all sales data will be updated for the two missing weeks.
    I agree. I received contact of users from countries that do not appear in the report.

Regular Contributor

Same too!

The average download per day "suddenly" dropped by 90%. Everyone knows it's not the real case.

I don't want to hear from Ovi support something like 'your average donwload and revenue are stable and there is no problem', just wish the report really comes back and function well next week!

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by cdutly View Post
    Same too!

The average download per day "suddenly" dropped by 90%. Everyone knows it's not the real case.

I don't want to hear from Ovi support something like 'your average donwload and revenue are stable and there is no problem', just wish the report really comes back and function well next week!

Yes I am facing the same situation

Same here. The number of purchases for December is approx. 75% lower than the average of the last 6 months and the key figure "Purchases" shown under "Key metrics" has even decreased! Maybe, it'll take some time till all data is fully restored?