Discussion Board

Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
    Nokia Developer Champion

Re: What a NIGHTMARE this store is

You should contact developer.support@nokia.com for any issue you are facing. OR wait for official answer here OR ask on Facebook "Nokia Developer" page which gives support for Nokia Publish.
    Last edited by chintandave_er; 2012-05-27 at 20:18.
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team
    World's Greatest Speeches for Windows Phone is now available on WP Marketplace.

Yes before february 2012 it was ok..but suddenly it's become worst possible store...and don't ask about the so called "INVOICE"..uffff......I am quite sure that in near future a new phrase will be created.. "wait like ovi invoice"....

Re: Ovi reports not working?

And again no paid statistics for last few days.

Have anyone any information?

And where is invoice for last month?

Re: Ovi reports not working?

Indeed, reporting DOES NOT work. Mine stopped around May 17th in case of Symbian paid content (with just May 23rd sales being reported since then), and on May 21st in case of MeeGo (N9) content. Until those dates I had multiple daily sales reported, and since those dates - NONE whatsoever - completely blank columns. Of course, I reported the problem to Publisher Support, and the only thing I got in return was a COMPLETELY MEANINGLESS answer (as always) that the "reports page shows up correctly so there is no problem". So now I emailed the guy once again, explaining to him like to a 2 year old kid that I wasn't talking about the PAGE but about sales not being reported on it. Let's see what kind of meaningless answer will I get this time.

And NO, I did not get any invoice for March or April, nor did I get the PAYMENT for March and April. And I reported that missing payment, too. In return, the guy told me to send him the invoices for those payments - THE invoices that THEY NEVER SENT TO ME.

This company is drowning.

I've got another application ready to be published, and I am trying to find any reasons why should I do it if they don't report any sales to me and don't pay me the money already earned / reported.

Agreed. No invoice since January for me . so annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by chintandave_er View Post
    You should contact developer.support@nokia.com for any issue you are facing. OR wait for official answer here OR ask on Facebook "Nokia Developer" page which gives support for Nokia Publish.
    If I wanted to email support for every issue I'm facing, I'd have to do nothing but write emails.

But yes, I did contact the support. Only to get as meaningless answer as always.

I let them know that sales reports stopped working somewhere around May 23rd. In exchange, they guy told me that he checked it and THE PAGE displays OK. Obviously, I wasn't talking about the PAGE not being shown but about no sales being reported for a week now ON THAT PAGE - just blank columns everyday. And that while I have emails from people informing me that they bought my applications on those days.

And I did report that I still DIDN'T GET MY PAYMENTS for March and April, nor the invoices for those months. In exchange, the support guy told me to send him the invoices for the missing payments. THE invoices that Nokia NEVER SENT TO ME.

So does contacting Nokia Publish support make any sense if it often takes a week to get the first reasonable answer?

And if not, then WHAT actually am I supposed to do to get my March and April payment, invoices, and that my reporting finally starts working again? I can't even see if/how much I am selling.

This is all simply pathetic. I haven't seen such a DISASTROUS software store in my entire life. I want to create software and sell it, and not spend hours on trying to get my payments, invoices, make my reports work, etc.
    Last edited by burningplatform; 2012-05-28 at 15:28.

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

I'll make sure someone fron Nokia Store looks into this and responds.

Ron

Still . no invoice for May.......

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by lovewilliam View Post
    Still . no invoice for May.......
    well you will get invoice only if your actual revenue is more than 100 euro. Please note that actual revenue is different than estimated revenue that you can see in site.

So in your case (and mine too) actual revenue may less than 100. To know what is your actual revenue, please see my first post here to contact support.

Chintan.

well you will get invoice only if your actual revenue is more than 100 euro.
    And how am I expected to know what is the actual revenue if for ALMOST HALF A YEAR NOW Nokia hasn't been sending to the publishers the DETAILED BREAKDOWN REPORTS which - according to Nokia's own payment policy - should be delivered MONTHLY?

It is not true that to know the actual revenue I need to email them. According to the payment policy, I should be getting monthly breakdown reports indicating it. So far, I got NONE.

Take a look at this:

http://support.publish.nokia.com/?p=3947&type=alert

This is CRAZY! If SIX MONTHS is not enough for them to resume sending out the breakdown reports (and they still don't even mention any time frame when they expect it to start working again) then I am really starting to wonder what kind of business is this. Or what kind of "technical issue" it must have been that HALF A YEAR wasn't enough to fix it. If it worked until late 2011 and then it suddenly stopped, what has happened? Is it really a "technical issue"? I just can't believe that ANY technical problem cannot be fixed in six months.

How can they keep selling intellectual property of tens of thousands of publishers without even properly reporting the sales, for half a year now? How come that Google Adsense (which has tens of millions of publishers) reporting has NEVER stopped working even just for one day (since 2006 or so) and the payments never came delayed even just by one day, and at the Nokia Ovi store actually hardly anything works as expected now - online reporting gets broken twice a month, detailed breakdown reports are not sent, payments are delayed....

Online reporting again in Chinese today....

Nokia Developer Champion

I don't know what are you really talking about breakdown report with "six month" word
    My and others publisher reporting tool working fine, showing daily purchases and so estimated revenue?

I recommend you to confirm your problem by contacting support email and Facebook page. To go more, send message to "Andrew AtNokia" in Facebook. He is able to help on your questions quickly.

Chintan.
    Last edited by chintandave_er; 2012-06-03 at 15:31.

breakdown reports were sent to report how many, where and through which channel app was sold They are not sent any more since December 2011 and this is really annoying especially for those who has to report those number to tax office. And I'm totally agree with burningplatform, there is no technical issue that couldn't be solved in 6 months, unless of course if you have a team composed of complete imbeciles... There are actually other ideas floating around on Facebook group, suspecting Nokia is hiding part of the revenue to compensate its huge loses, but that's a speculation without any facts
    http://inmobisoft.com

I don't know what are you really talking about breakdown report with "six month" word
    My and others publisher reporting tool working fine, showing daily purchases and so estimated revenue?
    Online reporting and detailed breakdown reports (which USED TO be sent by email) are two completely different things. As pippo2010 wrote, breakdown reports contain(ed) much more information than online reports, including e.g. breakdown by country and payment method (credit card vs. operator billing), the amount of actual revenue (needed to know when and how much you will be paid), information about returns, refunds, and more. NONE of them being available through online reporting.

Providing detailed breakdown reports monthly is part of the agreement between Nokia and the publisher. And Nokia simply breaks their own rules. For half a year now.

I understand that you don't need detailed reports, but lots of publishers DO NEED them. For tax office and many other important purposes. Or even just to know when they can expect the payment and how much it will be, because for some publishers it is an important part of their budget which they RELY on. "Estimated revenue" amount shown by the online reporting tells absolutely nothing about when the payment will be made and how much it will be, because (an unknown) part of it is sales through operator billing which often take many months to be paid.

I recommend you to confirm your problem by contacting support email and Facebook page.
    I do not think that the problem needs any confirmation. They know very well about it. For half a year they've been updating an alert every month informing that there will be a further delay in providing the reports:

http://support.publish.nokia.com/?p=3947&type=alert

They even say they know "how frustrating it is to publishers". And that for 6 months now.

To go more, send message to "Andrew AtNokia" in Facebook. He is able to help on your questions quickly.
    I do not need any answers as I actually do not have any questions. All I need is that the detailed breakdown reports (GUARANTEED in the Nokia store agreement) finally start working again. And I very much doubt that "Andrew atNokia" (who logged in to this forum for the last time more than a month ago) can tell me anything besides what the official message says, i.e. that "due to technical problem sending out detailed breakdown reports is further delayed and they work really hard on fixing the issue" (for half a year now). Same story repeated every month since December.

I can only repeat that I can't imagine any "technical issue" that couldn't be resolved in 6 months, so either they haven't fixed it for such a long time because it is INTENTIONAL (by not sending the reports - and also invoices - they do not issue any documents stating the sales, so they can be "creative" about their income figures; they can also keep the money on their bank accounts, which in case of tens of thousands of publishers means tens of millions of euros), or the Nokia store is now such a mess that no one actually controls its functionality anymore. Maybe Mr. Elop has decided to switch entirely to the Microsoft Marketplace and the Nokia Store is kept running only until they stop selling Symbian and Harmattan devices, with no further investments being made and the staff being gradually fired...

I'm sorry if my posts sound rude, I know you're trying to help and I don't mean to offend you. But it is all REALLY frustrating - for several months they've been selling my applications without properly indicating sales and revenue to me, without informing when the payment can be expected, and even with the online reporting getting broken every now and then.

And this forum.... wasn't it supposed to talk about issues with payments and reporting and get answers from Nokia? Have you seen anyone from Nokia responding here lately? So what's the purpose of this forum now? That we talk TO OURSELVES?

I do receive a monthly "self-billing invoice" which is the document needed when filing the taxes. From that invoice I can see when and how much I will be paid. So no nighmare here, since I'm one of those who don't need the breakdown...

@jetrix74, not all tax offices are happy with those self-billing invoices at least in The Netherlands they are not happy and request a full breakdown report stating how many apps were sold and at which price. So there is a nightmare here as I need those dummy breakdown reports...
    http://inmobisoft.com