Discussion Board

Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast
    Regular Contributor

Re: Ovi reports not working?

Yep, reports stopped working three days ago...

Quote Originally Posted by patrickfrei View Post
    Yep, reports stopped working three days ago...
    Five days now and this ****ing thing still doesn't work.
    I love the Nokia store.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by burningplatform View Post
    Five days now and this ****ing thing still doesn't work.
    I love the Nokia store.
    They must have regarded this as a not-priority-one error. No one is working on this.

Quote Originally Posted by cdutly View Post
    They must have regarded this as a not-priority-one error. No one is working on this.
    Yeah, no one in Nokia cares about symbian or symbian related developers. Reputation are nothing to Nokia.

Quote Originally Posted by DreadDog View Post
    Yeah, no one in Nokia cares about symbian or symbian related developers.
    That's exactly what I wrote to Nokia Publish yesterday - that it's completely disrespectful. Since the beginning of 2012, at least ONCE A MONTH the damn thing stops working for many days (SIX at the moment) cutting all publishers off any sales information. And we can't really be sure that when it starts working again (until the next failure) it includes ALL our sales from the period when it didn't work. Add to this no breakdown reports for almost EIGHT MONTHS now.

Apparently, they don't get it that they are not selling POTATOES but our intellectual property.

I'm starting to think that it's MEANT to work this way to SCARE AWAY all Symbian and MeeGo developers. Another piece in Mr. E's plan.

Regular Contributor

I experience another problem: Since today, my application cannot be found anymore at Nokia store for users with Symbian S^3, Anna and Belle devices... it simply disappeared Although I've declared the according devices as compatible. Furthermore, the application passed the QA and the information header states clearly "Files: 2 / 2 published".

I experience another problem: Since today, my application cannot be found anymore at Nokia store for users with Symbian S^3, Anna and Belle devices... it simply disappeared Although I've declared the according devices as compatible. Furthermore, the application passed the QA and the information header states clearly "Files: 2 / 2 published".
    You're not alone. In case of my application, searching by keywords stopped working, again. Previously, I spent A MONTH making them fix it. They eventually did and it worked.... until the next application update. Now it's broken again and none of the keywords finds the app. This proves that they did NOT fix the problem, but only manually indexed the keywords for just my application. It was enough to update the file for it to break again.

Online reporting still doesn't work. Six days now, completely dead. No information about sales WHATSOEVER.

I'm yet to get ANY breakdown report since I published my first application half a year ago.

When I recently contacted Nokia Publish, they informed me that this month's payouts would occur by July 23rd and that my actual revenue was well in excess of the payment threshold, so I will get the invoice and payment. It's July 24th now and - obviously - there's no invoice and no payment. Being a publisher for so many months, I have NEVER received a CENT from Nokia, not even just one invoice, nothing. Maybe it's time to consult a lawyer.....

This is a COLLAPSE guys, a CATASTROPHE. And a TOTAL MISERY. Have you ever wondered how to ruin one of world's biggest companies in 18 months? Just look and see.
    Last edited by burningplatform; 2012-07-24 at 02:38.

Regular Contributor

sent another request about search issue to support team
    yesterday did the same for absence of reports and PO

I dont wonna to open up conspiracy theories but it looks more and more as artificial issues or just no one care at all and no one gonna fix this
    But its not just to close an OS or kick out an NDC, its about juridical consequences

Regular Contributor

For me, the most annoying issue is that user cannot download my application anymore since yesterday as it suddenly disappeared from the store... no downloads, no reports, no purchases...

For me, the most annoying issue is that user cannot download my application anymore since yesterday as it suddenly disappeared from the store... no downloads, no reports, no purchases...
    For me the most annoying issue is that they KEEP MY MONEY, refuse to send the breakdown reports, invoices, and fix the online reporting. I was promised few weeks ago to get the July invoice on Jul 23rd and get the payment a couple days later. It's Jul 24th today - no invoice. And when I asked Nokia Publish to send me the due invoice, they told me to register in some strange "AP portal" to be able to (allegedly) access it.

What difference does it make if my applications are visible or not, if they don't send me my revenue and do not report any sales to me?

This whole thing starts looking like a big SCAM.

OK, guys, I don't know what is going on but it's really getting over the top.

- Online reporting TOTALLY DEAD now for OVER A WEEK

- No July invoice, no payment.

- No breakdown reports

How long are we going to further tolerate this? They keep selling OUR software, without reporting sales to us, without invoicing us, without sending the payments.

Maybe it's time to do something about it? It's AMAZING that out of thousands of publishers only A FEW persons seem to be concerned. And that's why they do not care.

Regular Contributor

The Nokia Developer Moderators are very clear about the problems and situation here, but they can do nothing. They cannot control the development team and also the payment team. What they can do is to keep silence without even giving us any official notification.

Think about the platforms/technologies Nokia had ever used, Symbian, Meego, Qt, all died in Nokia's hand. Look at the sales of WP7 devices, that's really fucking pathetic. Nokia doesn't have the capability to make software right, the word they always say is "delayed". So what can we expect from such a mess company, from the Symbian and Meego burning down platforms?

Quote Originally Posted by cdutly View Post
    So what can we expect from such a mess company, from the Symbian and Meego burning down platforms?
    I no longer have any hopes regarding Nokia itself. But it doesn't mean that I (or anybody else) should give up on the revenue they owe us. They sell our software and take money for it. If they cannot make that God damned thing work properly, they should CLOSE it for God's sake, but before that pay us all the revenue due.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by burningplatform View Post
    I no longer have any hopes regarding Nokia itself. But it doesn't mean that I (or anybody else) should give up on the revenue they owe us. They sell our software and take money for it. If they cannot make that God damned thing work properly, they should CLOSE it for God's sake, but before that pay us all the revenue due.
    That's right! I have been developing for the store for more than 1.5 years, only half of my revenue was paid. it's a long long way to get all you money back.

Very disappointed as the rest of the Symbian developer!
    How to make us interested in windows phone again? for nokia?