Discussion Board

Page 33 of 40 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Re: Ovi reports not working?

Quote Originally Posted by patrickfrei View Post
    I experience another problem: Since today, my application cannot be found anymore at Nokia store for users with Symbian S^3, Anna and Belle devices... it simply disappeared ".
    One of mines gone missing too, one minute a featured app, the next, completely missing from the store, you can't find it on the store if you manually search for it, or search for it using the keyword search. I'm waiting till the reports are working again to see the impact then I'll guess I'll have to email dev support.

EDIT: Just reappeared. Happy now.
    Just have to wait for the reports now, I guess due to the recent store upgrade, the reports will require there own testing/QA at 5>7 days.
    Last edited by DrZ; 2012-07-27 at 16:12. Reason: Update

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by DrZ View Post
    One of mines gone missing too, one minute a featured app, the next, completely missing from the store, you can't find it on the store if you manually search for it, or search for it using the keyword search. I'm waiting till the reports are working again to see the impact then I'll guess I'll have to email dev support.

EDIT: Just reappeared. Happy now.
    Meanwhile, my app also reappeared. This is what I've done: I've clicked the "Edit" button and simply saved the same app distribution settings once again. Then, I had to wait about two days for the app passing the QA and voilà, it worked

Regular Contributor

Andrew AtNokia ‎*UPDATE* Payments will be sent out next Wednesday, August 1st. Data that has stopped showing on reports July 17 should show within the next 24-48 hrs. No update on breakdown reports.Saturday 0:58 · 7.

Above was what Nokia said last Saturday on Facebook. Now 48 hours passed and NO report there. Nokia guys like the word "Delay" very much.
    Last edited by cdutly; 2012-07-30 at 04:11.

Quote Originally Posted by cdutly View Post
    Above was what Nokia said last Saturday on Facebook. Now 48 hours passed and NO report there. Nokia guys like the word "Delay" very much.
    They haven't been able to fix the God damned breakdown reports since DECEMBER 2011 and you believed they could fix the entire system in a couple of days? Come on.

May I suggest a free Lumia for every publisher as a compensation for all the issues and delays?

It would improve Nokia's figures of shipped Lumias by 20% or so
    Last edited by burningplatform; 2012-07-31 at 06:34.

Good news, I have got my content fee payment from Ovi Store today.
    Wait for the breakdown reports.
    Thank you for your hard work.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by yuelongr View Post
    Wait for the breakdown reports.
    Thank you for your hard work.
    Still there are so much money not paid.

.... Tuesday evening, and the damn thing still doesn't work. Fifteen days now.

Quote Originally Posted by yuelongr View Post
    You got the invoice, not the payment. It's not the same. Let's see if/when they submit the actual payments.

On Saturday Andrew AtNokia said:

"The fix has been applied on Friday, only the data has to go through to the reports".

Considering that it's Wednesday now, it must be a REALLY LONG WAY the data has been going through. Even from Pluto electromagnetic waves travel a few hours, so it must be at least Proxima Centauri. I had no idea that Nokia has such an advanced technology, decades ahead of NASA.

BTW. This also explains why the breakdown reports have been 'going through' since December 2011.

They said that the number of sales will not be lost.
    Actually I don't think so. When the server-side down like the past 2 weeks, the sales counter will lost its track, cant believe that nothing will be lost ).
    Shame Nokia, the reports is the most-must-accurate thing in the whole system, and they failed. )

Wow. Data for FOUR DAYS (Jul 17-20) has gone through the Proxima Centauri system and appeared in the reports. At this pace, the rest of the data should reach me before Christmas. That's assuming that the data for the aforementioned four days is complete, as it's suspiciously low given that the app has been all the time at the top of the Best sellers list.

Quote Originally Posted by burningplatform View Post
    Wow. Data for FOUR DAYS (Jul 17-20) has gone through the Proxima Centauri system and appeared in the reports. At this pace, the rest of the data should reach me before Christmas. That's assuming that the data for the aforementioned four days is complete, as it's suspiciously low given that the app has been all the time at the top of the Best sellers list.
    So your's Xmas gift from Nokia will be the July invoice ), The Summer Gift, I may suggest this name for Nokia )

Quote Originally Posted by cdutly View Post
    That's right! I have been developing for the store for more than 1.5 years, only half of my revenue was paid. it's a long long way to get all you money back.
    I've been developing for the store for near on 3 years now - and it took 2 years for my books to balance. i.e. payments were up to date. Curiously, according to my accounts, they even overpaid me at some points since, which, perhaps, might mean the reporting is inaccurate
    Andy Storer
    | m o d i f i e d |

www.smartgrooves.com

Quote Originally Posted by burningplatform View Post
    yes, I agree same symptoms here
    Andy Storer
    | m o d i f i e d |

www.smartgrooves.com

It's very simple. They are manually resyncing the databases; so far they have completed the first four days (17-20). The root cause is not fixed. This will come back in a month or so.