Discussion Board

Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940 LastLast

Re: Ovi reports not working?

should fire the entire Ovi Report team...

When these reports go down like this have people historically found that their invoice amounts go down accordingly, i.e. sales aren't being recorded anywhere and you lose the money from any sales. Or is it just the web reporting that goes haywire and your income is safe?

Regular Contributor

In my case, the reports have been updated twice during the last week. But they recorded only one download... For all the other days, the reports show zero downloads... In the past months, I've observed, that I've a lot of downloads from India. According to the Nokia billing matrix, you don't receive a lot of revenues with downloads from India, as 1 price point = 5 INR = 0.0934 USD. But for downloads directly from e.g. the US, 1 price point = 0.99 USD, i.e. you'll get approximately ten times more money! That means that even with a raising number of downloads you don't necessarily earn much more money... maybe that's the reason that invoice amounts even go down under certain circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by duncan.waugh View Post
    When these reports go down like this have people historically found that their invoice amounts go down accordingly, i.e. sales aren't being recorded anywhere and you lose the money from any sales. Or is it just the web reporting that goes haywire and your income is safe?
    I'd really like to know this as well.
    Last edited by sonaatti; 2012-09-26 at 22:31. Reason: misspell

Well, if the sails are not booked correctly to the developers, then this means, Nokia gets more money than they give out.
    According to law this would be kind of stealing, so I am very sure (or better: hoping), that this is not the case...

But I also think it is very frustrating...
    About half of the time the system is in maintenance mode...

On the other hand, I just uploaded an app update and it got approved after only 2 days. Thats very surprising.

From my experience (published first app almost 2 years ago), the sales data is preserved and repopulated in to the reports after the blackout. In few cases there has been a slight drop in the sales, once the data has been restored. In those cases the actual store has been down and not only the reports.

Report down is monthly activity of Nokia store. Can't believe but true :-<

Re: What a NIGHTMARE this store is

I am a new publisher in Nokia Store, the message of "burning platform" is very serious!

I'd like to see a convincing answer of Nokia in this forum reporting the reason
    for such confusion in the financial department, and in all other sectors.

I also realized the problem of keyword search on Nokia Store.

If Nokia is not able to at least have the humility to admit their
    mismanagement I also have to abandon the Nokia Store.

Explain yourself about these gross failures here in the forum and prove to me
    that is worth publishing I continue my games with you.

Exclamation OVI REPORTS NOT WORKING AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN....

Guys, this it not funny anymore. I am your publisher for more than 1.5 years, every second months same problem with reports. This month I did not even received the payment. No one from Nokia team reply in "Online Reports and Payments" discussion threads for long time. I understand that you are firing people and slowly closing all activities related to Symbian, Qt, Nokia store, Nokia Forum etc... but what about support these services till 2016 promised by your burning-platform guy Elop? Did you lied to us? No one cares about Nokia Store, it customers and publishers anymore in 2012? Show is over or what?

Re: OVI REPORTS NOT WORKING AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN....

Completely agrees. But they will ignore that thread too.

Regular Contributor

Got a reply from publishers support team that their finance department have some issues and they promises to send reports and money at beginning of October

Nokia Developer Expert

Hello all

We are definitely working on getting payments and breakout reports to you. However, as you are aware, we've hit a snag in getting that information to you. Our estimated time to provide you with the reports and payments is mid-late October. We are definitely aware of the issues and we have not abandoned you.

If you would like to contact the support team, you can reach them at developer.support@nokia.com.

Sherwin
    Nokia Publish Support

Nokia Developer Expert

Hello all,

The breakdown reports and payments are delayed again for the month of October. The teams have identified the issues and are working to resolve it. This has happened before and we are aware of the pains this is causing you. This issue is important to us because it is frustrating and it does affect your developer experience.

As you are aware, Nokia Store is truly global and interfaces with numerous operators and credit card companies. There is a multitude of connections that have to be made to ensure that the data is compiled, calculated and eventually presented to you. We are working through those connections and our current plans are to release payment and reports to you mid-October.

I will continue to follow up on this thread to provide you updates.

Sherwin
    Nokia Publish Support

Quote Originally Posted by spao View Post
    This has happened before and we are aware of the pains this is causing you. This issue is important to us because it is frustrating and it does affect your developer experience.
    Hello Sherwin,
    You posted information here only after 3 week of delay, so I do not believe that this issue is important to your team.
    We do want to receive interest charge for all delayed payments. I see no reason why developers should allow Nokia to keep their money for free.

Since it seems to happen again and again that the store is broken, I do not have thrust into the store team anymore.
    How can I know that I really get all of my earned money? Nokia just could keep or shorten it without me getting aware of it...

beside of that, like the others say, the store is very buggy.
    On one of my apps, 80% of the comments are clearly spam.
    haw can this happen when only paying/downloading people can comment?
    I sent an abuse report, bot nothing ever happened...

sad, very sad.
    Since this is a public forum, I would expect Nokia more to give a good impression.
    But since this is nt the case, it shows how less Nokia cares...