Discussion Board

Question how to promotion my application?

Hello,
    We have several applications on ovi now. Touch Hider and Touch Crypto are very loved by Chinese and India. They are in the top 20 of the best seller for almost all touch devices in China. In India, about 150,000 free download from ovi for these 2 applications. Touch hider has more than 200 good rate comment. But the questions are:

1. VERY few sales in India. Both prices are 2 points for India, from ovi billing matrix, about 1.6$. Why? Is it too expensive or the buy channel problem?

2. There are very few free download in Europ. I want to promot them in Europ, especially in German, France, English etc. But I don't know how to do and where the property place is.

Appreciate for your suggestions!

Landing
    Kenvast Software inc.
    www.kenvast.com

Re: how to promotion my application?

TO promote your application go through this https://www.forum.nokia.com/Distribu...ications.xhtml

Thank you Prssupe, that site is a good start point for us. So many things I never touch even I have been a forum member for years.

Is there any suggestions on India market? And cheap paid Ad method?

You should better try advertising your application on sites as Zedge and getjar because these sights are visited by mobile users frequently ,Fonearena along with that will be good option .

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by xuelanding View Post
    Is there any suggestions on India market?
    1. VERY few sales in India. Both prices are 2 points for India, from Ovi billing matrix, about 1.6$. Why? Is it too expensive or the buy channel problem?
    I think price and promotion are not primary reason for too much less download from India. I feel billing system is the primary reason for that. I feel there are some reason behind less paid application download from India, here are some of them.

1)Nokia support only operator billing in india. You can not buy app with credit card. If your operator is not supported by Ovi then you can not able to see paid application in ovi store. Many of mine friends want to buy paid apps from Ovi, but they are not able to download (not even see apps) from Ovi.
    2)In operator billing Ovi support only one operator (Reliance).
    3)India has more than 811 million mobile subscriber in India. But only 30 million subscriber in Reliance GSM network.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reliance_Communications
    4)As per Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) only 70% subscriber are active, So out of 30 million only 21 million Reliance GSM subscriber is active.
    4)Smartphone users in India is around 10%. So out of 21,000,000 Only 210,000 user are able to visit Ovi store.
    5)Only 40% smartphone users in India use internet in phone. So out of 2,10,000 only 84,000 is able to buy paid application.

Out of 84,000 i don't know how many of them have Nokia device.

So out of 20 million active smartphone users (that use internet in his/her phone) only 84000 can able to download paid app from Ovi.

20,000,000 users can download free application from Ovi store, but only 84000 can able to download paid app from Ovi. 84000 is really small number.

Fortunately i fall in that 84000 users. But ,believe or not, i am not able to download paid application from Ovi, a really bad service from operator, very bad customer care service. Normal user can not buy new SIM to download application.

I wanted to download paid apps from Ovi and so i ported my number from some other operator to reliance. But that was my bad decision, operator took 2 months to activate GPRS, but still i am not able to buy paid application. Whenever i try to download application, server through error "error in communication".

I am publisher and wanted to know how this mechanism works. So finally i bought new SIM card to download paid app from Ovi, as i can't wait anymore.

What i feel is Either Ovi support more operator, or support credit card billing.

Savaj, thanks for your information on Indian market.
    Now I understand why our Indian customer buy from Regnow by credit card with the price 4 times of ovi!

Nokia really needs do something!

Super Contributor

Have you tried to ask Ovi Support for cross channel promotion?

They have a limited influence on what gets featured, and if an app has a good track record, well,...
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

Not yet but will try. Tamhanna, thank you.