Discussion Board

Touch event doesn't work in SettingsList (5th Ed SDK)

Hi all,

I'm using Carbide.C++ 2.7 with S60 5th Ed SDK to create my application,

Aafter I added a SettingsList to my application I removed the "Change" item from "Options Menu", And I changed the "Exit" to "Back" and I set the left button title empty - instead of Options - and the problem is that when I touch any item of SettingsList items there is no response, And I have to use the "Enter Key" to open the item editor - whether it's a Volume item or Binary item, etc - So what is missing or causing this issue ? any suggestions would be appreciated because I couldn't find difference between two SettingsList created using different SDKs.

I created another application with S60 3rd Ed FP1 SDK - as a simple test - and I tried it and it works fine with Touch and Enter Key. ( tested on E7).

And I created the same sample with S60 5th Ed , and removed the "Change" menu but it doesn't response to touch event, but response to Enter Key event. ( tested on E7).

I compared both projects in Carbide Event/properties views and they are the same, I opened both projects src files and they are the same.

Many thanks in advance.
    Nokia Asha applications [Price Point Policy] [Unlimited Updates] [Suggestions]: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Discussion/showthread.php?240423-Nokia-Asha-applications-Price-Point-Policy-Unlimited-Updates-Suggestions

Re: Touch event doesn't work in SettingsList (5th Ed SDK)

Got the solution:

I did not tell the AppUi that it should be Touch Compatible.

Thus adding the flag EAknTouchCompatible to the AppUi BaseConstructL solved the problem.

Code:
    void CTest20AppUi::ConstructL()
    	{
    	// [[[ begin generated region: do not modify [Generated Contents]

BaseConstructL( EAknEnableSkin  | 
    					 EAknEnableMSK | EAknTouchCompatible ); 
    	InitializeContainersL();
    	// ]]] end generated region [Generated Contents]

}

And to Activate the Item Editor we need to override the virtual function supported by MEikListBoxObserver

Code:
    void CTest20SettingItemList::HandleListBoxEventL(CEikListBox* aListBox, TListBoxEvent aEventType)
    	{
    		if (aEventType == EEventItemClicked)
    			{
    			ChangeSelectedItemL(); // Now with one tap we the item editor pops up
    			}
    	}

Thanks to wolfgangdamm

Edit:

The above solution works great, but it when it comes to use binarySetting it is awful, it opens the editor to choose On or OFF rather than changing it automatically.

Does anyone has more suggestions about how to make binarySetting changes with one tap rather than opening the editor ?
    Last edited by ashraf fawzy; 2011-05-16 at 21:09.
    Nokia Asha applications [Price Point Policy] [Unlimited Updates] [Suggestions]: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Community/Discussion/showthread.php?240423-Nokia-Asha-applications-Price-Point-Policy-Unlimited-Updates-Suggestions

Re: Touch event doesn't work in SettingsList (5th Ed SDK)

The above solution works great, but it when it comes to use binarySetting it is awful, it opens the editor to choose On or OFF rather than changing it automatically.

Does anyone has more suggestions about how to make binarySetting changes with one tap rather than opening the editor ?

After a lot of search, I found the answer in front of me the whole time, CAknSettingItemList::EditItemL( aIndex, aCalledFromMenu );

Code:
    void CTest20SettingItemList::HandleListBoxEventL(CEikListBox* aListBox, TListBoxEvent aEventType)
    	{
    		if (aEventType == EEventItemClicked || aEventType == EEventEnterKeyPressed)
    			{
    			if ( ListBox()->CurrentItemIndex() >= 0 )
    				{
    					EditItemL( ListBox()->CurrentItemIndex(), EFalse ); // EFalse means not called from menu, so it doesn't show the Edit dialog with binarysetting control
    				}
    			}
    	}