×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    India
    Posts
    200

    J2ME MIDLET attribute full touch screen

    Hello Friends,

    I want some midlet attribute for full touch screen.

    I want to hide navigation & game key from touch screen phone, so i can use whole canvas for my application i know about Nokia,,,,

    Example ... For Nokia:-
    Nokia-MIDlet-On-Screen-Keypad: no

    I want to know about LG,Sony Ericsson,Samsung, & others ....

    Please tell me where i got attribute list for my midlet ...
    please give any web site or other reference.......
    thanks & Regards.
    Nilesh

  2. #2
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chennai, India.
    Posts
    176

    Re: J2ME MIDLET attribute full touch screen

    check pointerPressed method

    protected void pointerPressed(int x, int y)

    Called when the pointer is pressed.

    The hasPointerEvents() method may be called to determine if the device supports pointer events. Class Canvas has an empty implementation of this method, and the subclass has to redefine it if it wants to listen this method.

    Parameters:
    x - the horizontal location where the pointer was pressed (relative to the Canvas)
    y - the vertical location where the pointer was pressed (relative to the Canvas)

    Example
    protected void pointerPressed(int x,int y){
    this.x = x;
    this.y = y;
    repaint ();
    }

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    India
    Posts
    200

    Re: J2ME MIDLET attribute full touch screen

    Quote Originally Posted by kumar1234567 View Post
    check pointerPressed method

    protected void pointerPressed(int x, int y)

    Called when the pointer is pressed.
    Thanks kumar for help ...but my question is different....i want to hide my navigation & game key from source code or jad attribute....

    The hasPointerEvents() method may be called to determine if the device supports pointer events. Class Canvas has an empty implementation of this method, and the subclass has to redefine it if it wants to listen this method.

    Parameters:
    x - the horizontal location where the pointer was pressed (relative to the Canvas)
    y - the vertical location where the pointer was pressed (relative to the Canvas)

    Example
    protected void pointerPressed(int x,int y){
    this.x = x;
    this.y = y;
    repaint ();
    }
    Thanks kumar for help ...but my question is different....i want to hide my navigation & game key from source code or jad attribute....
    thanks & Regards.
    Nilesh

  4. #4
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Capital of INDIA
    Posts
    4,328

    Re: J2ME MIDLET attribute full touch screen

    Quote Originally Posted by nyerunkar View Post
    Thanks kumar for help ...but my question is different....i want to hide my navigation & game key from source code or jad attribute....
    1. In pretty much all Java games for S60 5th Edition, so for the N97 and the 5800, you do have an on screen keyboard. However, due to this keyboard you do have only half the screen size available and you cannot enjoy the application. It seem that’s just a little problem but it’s really annoying and a lot users don’t know how to fix it. Here’s a small and easy guide how to hide the keyboard.

    Open Settings
    choose Application mgr.
    Hit Installed apps.
    Choose your application, for example PC Remote
    Click on Options
    Go to Suite settings
    Navigate down to On-screen keyboard
    Set it to Off

    That’s all. Now the on-screen keyboard is turned off.

    2. Nokia-MIDlet-On-Screen-Keypad JAD attribute,
    use false to disable the keyboard.
    Thanks with Regards,

    R a j - The K e r n e l


    Join Delhi-NCR Nokia Developer's Community,

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    India
    Posts
    200

    Re: J2ME MIDLET attribute full touch screen

    Quote Originally Posted by raj_J2ME View Post
    1. In pretty much all Java games for S60 5th Edition, so for the N97 and the 5800, you do have an on screen keyboard. However, due to this keyboard you do have only half the screen size available and you cannot enjoy the application. It seem that’s just a little problem but it’s really annoying and a lot users don’t know how to fix it. Here’s a small and easy guide how to hide the keyboard.

    Open Settings
    choose Application mgr.
    Hit Installed apps.
    Choose your application, for example PC Remote
    Click on Options
    Go to Suite settings
    Navigate down to On-screen keyboard
    Set it to Off

    That’s all. Now the on-screen keyboard is turned off.

    2. Nokia-MIDlet-On-Screen-Keypad JAD attribute,
    use false to disable the keyboard.
    Thanks Raj but,,,,,,,
    I know about this....................................I want to fix this problem using JAD or my source code......
    thanks & Regards.
    Nilesh

  6. #6
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    9,545

    Re: J2ME MIDLET attribute full touch screen

    Quote Originally Posted by nyerunkar View Post
    Thanks Raj but,,,,,,,
    I know about this....................................I want to fix this problem using JAD or my source code......
    Then use the Nokia-MIDlet-On-Screen-Keypad property in your .jad file, as instructed by Raj.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    India
    Posts
    200

    Re: J2ME MIDLET attribute full touch screen

    Quote Originally Posted by petrib View Post
    Then use the Nokia-MIDlet-On-Screen-Keypad property in your .jad file, as instructed by Raj.
    i'm asking about other phones..............
    thanks & Regards.
    Nilesh

  8. #8
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    The Capital of INDIA
    Posts
    4,328

    Re: J2ME MIDLET attribute full touch screen

    Quote Originally Posted by nyerunkar View Post
    i'm asking about other phones..............
    What do you mean by other phones?

    Are you talking about the non-nokia devices?
    While you are asking the question, let us know the complete information about that.
    Thanks with Regards,

    R a j - The K e r n e l


    Join Delhi-NCR Nokia Developer's Community,

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    India
    Posts
    200

    Re: J2ME MIDLET attribute full touch screen

    Hello raj

    i already written in my question....i know about Nokia...i'm asking about non-nokia phones...
    thanks & Regards.
    Nilesh

  10. #10
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    9,545

    Re: J2ME MIDLET attribute full touch screen

    Then go and ask the manufacturers of those non-Nokia phones. This is a Nokia developer discussion forum. If you're interested in Samsung, Motorola, Sony Ericsson or others, then ask on Samsung, Motorola, Sony Ericsson and other forums.

    http://developer.samsung.com/home.do
    http://developer.motorola.com/
    http://developer.sonyericsson.com/wp/
    etc.

    Note that other phones by other manufacturers may not have similar support/features at all.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    India
    Posts
    200

    Re: J2ME MIDLET attribute full touch screen

    Quote Originally Posted by petrib View Post
    Then go and ask the manufacturers of those non-Nokia phones. This is a Nokia developer discussion forum. If you're interested in Samsung, Motorola, Sony Ericsson or others, then ask on Samsung, Motorola, Sony Ericsson and other forums.

    http://developer.samsung.com/home.do
    http://developer.motorola.com/
    http://developer.sonyericsson.com/wp/
    etc.

    Note that other phones by other manufacturers may not have similar support/features at all.
    Thanks for Your help................
    thanks & Regards.
    Nilesh

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    25

    Re: J2ME MIDLET attribute full touch screen

    hi friend...
    I found the midlet attribute for samsung. you may try : MIDlet-Touch-Support: true
    it works for samsung device. but unfortunately, on s60 like e71,e63... the installation will be refused.
    So, my solution is that: I built 2 version for samsung and nokia.
    if you know other solution that works ok for all, please let me know.
    thanks and best regards

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1

    Re: J2ME MIDLET attribute full touch screen

    Hello Friends,

    I cant able to view the entire canvas in my application, only because of the on screen keypad..........

    is there any way to off the keypad via code when my application is loading................................

    or else installation via jad with some properties..................

  14. #14
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    28,567

    Re: J2ME MIDLET attribute full touch screen

    You can check http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...creen-keyboard and http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...dition_devices, options also depend on the actual device you are using.

Similar Threads

  1. Issue in touch screen J2ME
    By junedahmed in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2010-05-03, 08:50
  2. Full screen support for touch enabled MIDlet
    By forceoflight in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2009-12-14, 08:53
  3. jad attribute Nokia-MIDlet-On-Screen-Keypad
    By wutangl in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2009-10-27, 18:23
  4. porting midlet to support touch screen / virtual keyboard
    By ho3ho3 in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2009-07-28, 11:03
  5. Full screen midlet
    By felixksp in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2007-04-19, 06:27

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •