Discussion Board

Lightbulb OpenAL software implementation for Qt

Hi everyone,

I have built an software implementation of OpenAL for Qt. It's based on the original OpenAL Soft project (http://kcat.strangesoft.net/openal.html). It currently works on desktop and simulator only. However, I couldn't manage to build and test it on Symbian or Maemo platforms, as I don't have a Qt enabled device and I'm very new to Qt development.

I've created a Qt OpenAL Soft project here on Nokia Forum. But, I'm keeping it private untill we can compile and test it on Qt enabled mobile devices. Anyone interested to contribute (to fix build issues and test it on mobile devices) reply to me here or send me a message and I'll add him/her to project members. I will make the project public when all issues are fixed.

I'm trying to use OpenAL soft to port my games from other platform to Qt and I'm sure other game programmers would be interested too. Hopefully, someone can help me to finish and release this project.

Super Contributor

Re: OpenAL software implementation for Qt

You can, of course, use Nokia's remote device support for on-device testing.

Quote Originally Posted by danhicksbyron View Post
    You can, of course, use Nokia's remote device support for on-device testing.
    How can I do that? As I said I am very new to Qt programming (started learning Qt last week). There are some build errors when I try to compile the library for Symbian platfrom. (Haven't tried for Maemo yet). Couldn't figure out and fix the problems yet.

Would you like me to add you to project members? So you can have look at .pro settings?

I just had a quick look at Nokia RDA. It's pretty cool. However, it doesn't have audio support.

The project is public now. It currently works on Desktop platfrom. Couldn't fix the build issues on Symbian.

QtOpenAL Soft: https://projects.forum.nokia.com/qt_openal_soft

Question redrawn
    Last edited by bokajj; 2012-04-08 at 10:39.