Discussion Board

How to sign once ?

Hi:
    There lots of software agents requst my an application. To identify those agents, I use a parameter name agent_id my program. I select express signed because ths application requst some sensitive capabilities. If there are ten agents, I have to provide ten editions, These editions are same except agent_id. My problem is how to sign once instead of sign ten times?

Thanks in advance!

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: How to sign once ?

If you change anything in the package (any bit/byte in any file), you have to sign it again (or have it signed for you). So, the way to sign once, instead of ten times, is by signing it once, and then not changing anything.

If you need agent-specific versions, you need to consider handling it in some other way externally to the app/package that does not require re-signing. E.g., using an activation/licensing mechanism as those from Openbit/Tanla or Psiloc (if they still offer them).

Hi, Thank you for reply soon. petrib. Can you introduce the mechanism and show me office link for me? Thanks a lot.

Nokia Developer Champion

I'm not sure what you mean with "office link", but here's a link to Tanla (Openbit) License Manager: http://www.tanla.com/license_manager.htm