Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Regular Contributor

Smile [moved] Self signed smart installer package

Hi,

Does Qt creator automatically create a self signed smart installer package while building for the device ? Or do I need to do it manually from command line ? Does the smart installer package
    download and install sis files like those for sql lite or should I embed it in the application sis ?

Regards,
    Jaak

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: [moved] Self signed smart installer package

Quote Originally Posted by 1xuname1x View Post
    Hi,

Does Qt creator automatically create a self signed smart installer package while building for the device ? Or do I need to do it manually from command line ? Does the smart installer package
    download and install sis files like those for sql lite or should I embed it in the application sis ?

Regards,
    Jaak
    Qt Creator 2.1 (from Qt SDK 1.1) does have an option to generate SIS files with Smart Installer support. By default the option is disabled as it is not useful (quite the opposite) during development work. You should only package apps with the smart installer when you release your application, e.g. publish to Ovi or internal releases used by your QA department.

You can also create the smart installer package from command line, if you so wish.

Yes, the smart installer download any file for which your application declares a dependency and all the dependencies of that package. So if you say that your app need Qt, Sqlite will also be installed because Qt needs it.

For more details, see http://nokia.ly/SmartInstaller
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the answer. I forgot to mention that I use Nokia Qt sdk 1.0. I want to test my application on phone. It is convenient for my client if they can install it using a single sis file rather than installing each of the sis files seperately. From your answer, I think this feature is available from Qt sdk 1.1 ? So I guess I have to use the commanf line tools.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Yes, the feature is in Qt SDK 1.1 only, for Nokia Qt SDK 1.0.2 you will have to use the command line tools.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite