Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Regular Contributor

OVI STORE applications list srcambled. Bug or feature?

The Applications - Utilities section (the one I follow up) changed last days. Anyone else noticing this?
    The Best sellers section has only 10 pages ( x 12 app per page = 120 apps), there are not all bestsellers app listed before, but suprisingly KODi English-Hiligayon dictionary with 0 stars store.ovi.com/applications/?categoryId=23&sortBy=mostRecent&priceType=&contentArea=applications&page=8&lang=en
    Previously endless section "new" now contains only 8 pages.
    Infact my application, which was 3 days ago in bestsellers list on page 3 (for more than 2 months) now is nowhere in the lists. The only way to find it is use search with specific keywords.
    Download statistics so far shows same amout of downloads as before.

Re: OVI STORE applications list srcambled. Bug or feature?

All those issues are seems to be getting fixed as ovi store is now undergoing maintainance

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by prssupe View Post
    All those issues are seems to be getting fixed as ovi store is now undergoing maintainance
    And you know this exactly how? You have received information of what is going to be fixed in the Ovi Store maintenance, that will happen a few days from now? Or are you just guessing, hoping or assuming with no real information of what the maintenance update is really going to add/change/fix? My guess is, the latter.

For me things are indeed getting fixed gradually. Couple of hours ago there was serious layout bugs, I was unable to change the device... Now those are fixed... I would say an educated guess mixed with the knowledge of the fact that Nokia usually fixes the bugs

Quote Originally Posted by petrib View Post
    And you know this exactly how? You have received information of what is going to be fixed in the Ovi Store maintenance, that will happen a few days from now? Or are you just guessing, hoping or assuming with no real information of what the maintenance update is really going to add/change/fix? My guess is, the latter.
    Yes Petrib i receved mail as follow on the basis of that i was speakin you should stop bugging pepole just because they are new to forum , i respect your experience but pointing things in such a rude way is not good practise i receved mail as follow
    Dear Publisher,

Ovi Publish will receive enhancements this Wednesday, May 18, 2011 from 15:00-17:00 GMT, and will not be available to publishers.

Also, Ovi Store will receive new features this Wednesday, May 18, 2011 from 23:00 GMT until Thursday, May 19, 2011, 02:00 GMT, and will not be available to users.

For a description of features and enhancements to Ovi Publish and Ovi Store, go to the Ovi Publish Login Page after release.

We thank you for your patience as we work to enhance the Ovi Publish & Ovi Store experience and regret any inconvenience this may cause.

Should you have any questions regarding these updates, please contact Publisher Support at publishtoovi.support@nokia.com.

Sincerely,
    Ovi Support Team

Create free banners to promote Ovi Store App on the web now!
    http://promotions.ovi.com/toolkit

Super Contributor

That does not say anything about what is being fixed or enhanced.

ovi store sort criteria for best seller/free/new rankings is a mistery