Discussion Board

Thumbs down Problem In searching devices

Today when i tried to search for devices it gave me error like
    [COLOR="rgb(0, 0, 0)"]Error occured during application execution. Please try again[/COLOR]

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Problem In searching devices

Are you still experiencing this problem? Both filtering and "expert device search" work fine for me now.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    Are you still experiencing this problem? Both filtering and "expert device search" work fine for me now.
    Yes i am still getting the error but the error i am getting when only i search for 6255 and the error page gets displayed
    have a look https://www.forum.nokia.com/search/s...x=1&s=d&k=6255

Nokia Developer Moderator

Aha, at the first read I thought it is related to device specifications. Now I can also reproduce the problem.

Alternative description: searching with the Search box in the top-right corner (the one which is present on every FN page) seems to die when searching for (many? most? any?) device models with simple numeric identifiers (6255, 6600, 6630, 3250, 3650, just a few I have tried).
    Some letter+number identifiers also trigger the bug. 6310i, N80, N91, N93 and N95 do not work, while N93i and N96 work for example. Complex names also seem to work at the first glance (the ones with -00, like N8-00, E7-00, but I have not tried the others)
    Only the box seems to be affected. The "Please try again" text links to https://www.forum.nokia.com/search/, and re-typing the query there (into the form) brings correct results. Re-typing the query into the top-right box repeats the bug.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    Aha, at the first read I thought it is related to device specifications. Now I can also reproduce the problem.

Alternative description: searching with the Search box in the top-right corner (the one which is present on every FN page) seems to die when searching for (many? most? any?) device models with simple numeric identifiers (6255, 6600, 6630, 3250, 3650, just a few I have tried).
    Some letter+number identifiers also trigger the bug. 6310i, N80, N91, N93 and N95 do not work, while N93i and N96 work for example. Complex names also seem to work at the first glance (the ones with -00, like N8-00, E7-00, but I have not tried the others)
    Only the box seems to be affected. The "Please try again" text links to https://www.forum.nokia.com/search/, and re-typing the query there (into the form) brings correct results. Re-typing the query into the top-right box repeats the bug.
    Nice observation wizard_hu i think forumnokia should look into that seriously

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Quote Originally Posted by prssupe View Post
    Nice observation wizard_hu i think forumnokia should look into that seriously
    I agree and I've reported this.

Ron

Thank you ron