Discussion Board

Thread: jsmartcam error

jsmartcam error

my xpress music 5130 shows "javax.microedition.media.MediaException: Only capture://image locator supports getSnapshot() Msg: Only capture://image locator supports getSnapshot() SmartCam will now exit." this error on installing jsmartcam plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help.

Super Contributor

Re: jsmartcam error

Quote Originally Posted by harkirat View Post
    my xpress music 5130 shows "javax.microedition.media.MediaException: Only capture://image locator supports getSnapshot() Msg: Only capture://image locator supports getSnapshot() SmartCam will now exit." this error on installing jsmartcam plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help.
    Harikant welcome to the Forum Nokia DiBO,

I guess you have download the app from somewhere, or did you develop this?

MMAPI includes support for a camera, with a special locator capture://video used to create its Player. An application can use the VideoControl to display a viewfinder on the screen, then take a picture using VideoControl.getSnapshot(String imageType). The default image format is PNG. You can use the imageType parameter to select any other supported format, and query the system property video.snapshot.encodings to find out what formats are supported.
    Please understand that
    Thanks with Regards,

R a j - The K e r n e l

Join Delhi-NCR Nokia Developer's Community,

This forum is intended to support for new application developments , for your Querys regarding Jsmartcam visit http://sourceforge.net/projects/smartcam/support you will get here what you want

@raj_j2me i really appreciate ur answer bt since im not from this field i request u to plz make the neccesary changes in the software

Harkirat the software will obviously through the error have you gone through its description it clearly states that [SmartCam - Smart Phone Web Camera - Turns a camera phone (S60, WinMo6.x, Android, Samsung Bada) with bluetooth or WiFi into a handy webcam ready to use with your PC supported on S60 and 5130 is S40 phone so hardluck.

Quote Originally Posted by prssupe View Post
    Harkirat the software will obviously through the error have you gone through its description it clearly states that [SmartCam - Smart Phone Web Camera - Turns a camera phone (S60, WinMo6.x, Android, Samsung Bada) with bluetooth or WiFi into a handy webcam ready to use with your PC supported on S60 and 5130 is S40 phone so hardluck.
    but the software is offered in .jar file which is for java phones n moreover if u surf u will know dat it even support s40 phones

but the software is offered in .jar file which is for java phones n moreover if u surf u will know dat it even support s40 phones
    Its is not always necessary that ,if it is jar it should be supported on the series 40 phones. the Apis are necesaary to make the application work , along with that using phones cam as webcam is seems to be multitasking application which is suitable in S60 environment . even though paste the links here which says that it can work on series 40 i will have a loook over it .

http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...-video-problem this is the link read n plz help.

The soulution given in post suggests that it might work as camera i.e only one picture at a instance along with that if you want to make changes you have to modify the application code likely ,even after that it is not sure whether code will work or not as some users reported in spite of modifying code they are getting errors