Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Publishing to Ovi store with new Qt SDK 1.1

Ok, so i am a bit lost with new Qt SDK 1.1 and publishing to OviStore. Prior to this, what i had to do is:

1) make distclean && qmake && make release-gcce
    2) make sis QT_SIS_CERTIFICATE=my.crt QT_SIS_KEY=my.key
    3) modify pkg file
    4) make installer_sis QT_SIS_CERTIFICATE=my.crt QT_SIS_KEY=my.key

Now looking at this Guide - http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtcreator-2....blish-ovi.html i see some unclear points:
    Submit the created .sis file to Application Signing Services for Ovi Store for certification.

So with Qt SDK 1.1 i must make one more step before uploading my smart installer packages to Ovi? Submit my application sis file for some kind of signing ? Where can i do that? There doesn't seem to be any new feature on publish.ovi.com.

Or maybe i can do everything the old way ? (I've upgraded my app to use Qt 4.7) ?

Thanks

Super Contributor

Re: Publishing to Ovi store with new Qt SDK 1.1

It is always required to be Signed before you can put your application in OVI

what "Submit the created .sis file to Application Signing Services for Ovi Store for certification. " submit it for signing and upload to OVI

Regular Contributor

Submit it where? I didn't have to do any extra steps before - create sis, wrap it in smart installer, submit it to publish.ovi.com. Thats it

Nokia Developer Moderator

That page is confusing indeed, I will create a bug report about it. It seems to reflect the Symbian Signed certification path, without being clear about that either.

If you are not using any restricted or manufacturer capabilities, and otherwise you have no particular reason to use the Symbian Signed channel but instead prefer Nokia's free signing offer through Ovi Publihs, simply ignore that thing and create a SIS file wrapped with the smart installer and send that to Ovi.

In fact, the IDE can do that for you in one go, just go to projects and under Symbian target, Run configuration, tick the Smart Installer check-box in SIS file signing section. Then hit RUN and a sis file will be generated, with the smart installer already added and ready to be sent to Ovi.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Bug report created: QTCREATORBUG-4958

You should try to follow this guide if you have more questions: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph..._the_Ovi_Store
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Regular Contributor

Great! Thanks!

Regular Contributor

Ok, so i've created package with Qt Creator with settings form Sybmian^1 and Qt 4.6.3. And now Ovi QA failed my app for devices:

S60 5th Edition: Nokia N97, Nokia 5228, Nokia N97 mini, Nokia X6, Nokia 5230, Nokia 5235, Nokia 5250, Nokia C5-03, Nokia C6-00, Nokia 5233, Nokia 5530 XpressMusic, and Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
    S60 3rd Edition FP2: Nokia E52 and Nokia E72

With reason:
    "Application not compatible with phone. Continue anyway?"

though application installs fine. So guess something has changed

Regular Contributor

Truly sad that this one got past QA :
    http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTSDK-702
    http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...dition-devices

Now Ovi rejected my app .. and i've lost ~50% devices, and now must "fix" this bug, republish my app and wait for a week.. disappointed

Has SDK 1.1.1 FIXed THIS bug?

@gerasalus: While the SDK should ideed generate better defaults, it is ultimately your job to verify the output and ensure that it matches your needs. Have you sent the app to Ovi Store claiming that it works on Symbian^1 devices withouth testing it first?

@senu188: the 1.1.1 update brings new Qt Creator but does not update the Symbian SDK component. As discussed in the bug report and in the above mentioned forum thread, applying the fix by yoursefl is trivial.
    -- Lucian

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post

@senu188: the 1.1.1 update brings new Qt Creator but does not update the Symbian SDK component. As discussed in the bug report and in the above mentioned forum thread, applying the fix by yoursefl is trivial.
    Hi
    I find that after update to sdk 1.1.1 , I find the following in documentation

To use the publishing wizard:

Select the Symbian Device build target for your project.
    Choose Build > Publish Project.
    Select Publish Qt Symbian Applications to Ovi Store, and then select Start Wizard.
    Select the Qt version and device type to build against and click Next. We recommend that you select a release configuration.
    The wizard checks the information in the project file against the Ovi Publishing criteria and indicates possible problems. You can fix some of the problems in the wizard.
    MY QUESTION - If I select 'Qt 4.7.3 symbian 1' TOOLCHAIN 'GCCE4 for symbian targets' will the sis file work on both symbian 1 and symbian 3 or do I have to submit 2 separate app - 1 for symbian 1 and another for symbian 3 ?

Since we provide only backwards compatiblity (or at least try very hard to) you should expect that an app built with S^1 based target will work on S^1 and S^3 as well. However, if you are using an S^3 based target there is no guarantee that it will work on S^1 devices. The risk of incompatibility increases if you also use Symbian C++ API in your application and therefore link against Symbian C++ libraries.

This is also clear from the QTSDK-702 bug where the proposed solution will only insert S^3 as a default platform compatibility when building with S^3 based targets.
    -- Lucian

Regular Contributor

In Qt Creator -> Project -> Symbian Device there are 2 options "Build" & "Run". For our internal testing we can use "Smart Installer" option with DevCert if we have system capabilities. And also .pro will contain Nokia Provided UID 0x200..... This is fine and works well...

Now I want to publish this app on OVI. Then I will use "Not signed" option instead of "Custom Certificate".... Smart Installer will be checked as usual and pro will contain same Nokia Provided UID. Now I click on Play/Run button then Qt Creator will create MyApp_Installer.sis I will send this sis file to OVI they will signed and publish this app.

I am using Qt SDK 1.1 and I am expecting my app should run on Symbian^1 & Symbian^3 devices.

Please correct me if I am wrong on any point.

MyApp_template.pkg content

; Language
    &EN

; SIS header: name, uid, version
    #{"MyApp"},(0x200.....),1,0,0

%{"MyCompany, Inc."}
    :"MyCompany, Inc."

; Manual PKG pre-rules from PRO files
    ; Dependency to Qt Webkit
    (0x200.....), 4, 7, 3, {"QtWebKit"}

; Default dependency to Qt libraries
    (0x200.....), 4, 7, 3, {"Qt"}

; Default HW/platform dependencies
    [0x20022E6D],0,0,0,{"S60ProductID"}
    [0x20032DE7],0,0,0,{"S60ProductID"}

First is for Symbian^3 and second one is for Symbian^4... Do I need to manual add for Symbian^1 ie 0x1028315F before publishing ?

; Default dependency to QtMobility libraries
    (0x200.....), 1, 1, 3, {"QtMobility"}
    Last edited by narendar_discover; 2011-06-07 at 14:24.